What's new

All chankast emulators run too!! fast

snaker1

Hi.I am new here.I read the faq about the 60hz, vertical sync and the full screen mode to limit the fps at 60 which is the original for dreamcast but it makes very little help.It slows down the emulator a little but it is still too fast,man you can't play at all.Does anyone know how to fix that.I have an AMD 4200+(DUAL CORE),7900GTX 512MB,1 GB RAM GEIL.Thanks.

OP
S

snaker1

i don't know exactly but for an example at code veronica must be double the normal.I tried to lower and increase the cpu but it doesn't give any better results.

OP
S

snaker1

Hi.I made some tests and i found these.Some games i tested run at 80-83 fps(like code veronica),other at 60 fps(like senmue 1,2) then i tried the 60hz trick,with vertical sync and full screen on and the fps dropped to 40-43(still too much).Then i overclocked the cpu to 165 and it is around 30 fps,which is the ideal as i saw.My only problem is with code veronica.I use the v1.1 utopia loader and when i overclock the cpu even +1 the game crashes.Does anyone have the same problem,does anyone knows how to solve it.And one last,if i overclock the cpu of the dreamcast does it harm my pc.Thanks

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Overclocking the Dreamcast CPU doesn't harm your computer because the CPU is emulated. Certain games are rely on exact timing on the CPU's part, hence why some games are prone to crash if you adjust the CPU speed even a bit.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Try setting the CPU affinity to 0. I think it's done through right clicking on the process in the task manager.

JKKDARK

about RECV, I think that you have the PAL version. It is very fast, and Overclocking doesn't work. Wait for other version or DC emu.

OP
S

snaker1

Thanks for your reply guys.I made it.Each game wants a different value for the cpu, in order to work properly on my computer,in case code veronica wanted the cpu to be ''at 6'' for the perfect 30 fps,shenmue1 at 165 and shenmue2 at 150.I wasn't able to increase the cpu for code veronica as the game was crashing,but i was able to decrease it and i never thought that the value would be so low.Thanks again.I am new here and i have already understand that you care and realy want to help,instead of other forums that i have been.