What's new

Aidyn Chronicles - The First Mage - Freezing

slonison

I've been trying for the longest time to figure this out with no luck. I've been playing Aidyn Chronicles for a few days and cannot for the life of me figure out why certain parts of the game keep freezing.

The game freezes in almost random places on the map. Also, when I switch between my characters to the map screen in the menu it freezes as well. I can send a save state to anyone who is willing to try and replicate the problem.

I've searched all over google and several forums and believe I can find the answer here with your help!

Thanks guys.

OP
S

slonison

Symptoms include:

The frames per second (fps) soaring well over 25,000.
The sound instantly stops.
On the Windows Task Manager, the CPU usage hangs around 98% give or take.

11/08/09 In Project64 1.6 The game simply freezes and I can reload previous states.
11/09/09 In Project64 1.7 (Yes I donated) the program simply crashes altogether.

11/11/09 Imported the Save State into the 1964 emulator and the game freezes there as well... I'm beginning to think that this is a problem with the ROM and not the emulator.
11/11/09 The same thing occurs when a Save State is loaded with a game of a different region. Kinda irrelevant...

If anyone has had these symptoms in another game, please let me know of your fix and I will try it out on this game.

Thanks. I'll update anything I find here in this thread.

Last edited:
OP
S

slonison

Ok, so I decided that maybe I'd try saving a state during the crash and after I loaded the state, this is what appears on screen:

Crash - 02.02a - Lot-Check Release
Last gGlobals.text:
map = 0, portal = -1

Anyone else seen this before?