What's new

AGP slot

Jefix

I was just wondering.. is there a way to check if your PC has an AGP slot without opening your PC case?

yegosimo

Bug Killer
I'm not sure if there exists that what you're saying, but it would be pretty cool and useful. I mean, there're "hardcore" users like me, that can't even restart the machine or turn it off to see if i have a stupid slot..

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
You can use CPU-Z to check your motherboard model, the google for it and check the mobo specs. Wrong forum btw

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It doesn't really matter what speed the AGP slot on your motherboard is, if you buy an 8x card and plug it into a 4x slot it will usually underclock to 4x. Overall I have never seen a significant difference between AGP 4x and 8x.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
There's also no difference between the same card with AGP and PCI-E versions as well. PCI-E is useful because it provides more power to the card, allowing cards to survive with the slot power alone, or in case of ultra high end cards, providing a better wattage of the slot-molex connector combination. And I forgot about SLI and Crossfire in the mobos that suppor them

yegosimo

Bug Killer
t0rek said:
You can use CPU-Z to check your motherboard model, the google for it and check the mobo specs. Wrong forum btw

False. I wanted to check if i had an AGP, it showed the motherboard model as you said, and in Intel website it said it had an AGP port when it actually didn't :(
PS: That was 4 months ago

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
That's intel problem for giving the wrong information on their site, or probably CPU-Z showed the wrong model for some reason, but I don't believe that was the cause

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
CPUZ doesn't show agp information

S.A.N.D.R.A and Everest Ultimate both show the ports available on the mainboard and the specifications of the port.
IE when you select the agp port in the list it'll give you details on how fast the port can go, what its set to, and the different techs it has.. (ie, isochronous control, voltage levels, agp bus speed.. ect)

Clements

CPU-Z is able to list the major info of the graphics interface such as interface type and speed: