What's new

AGP 3.0 on GF4 and TV Out problems, can somebody help?

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
Currently I've a lot of problems w/my system configuration and really I can find a correct solution... The problems is based in the combination of my Manli GF4 440 mx (64 mb) and my motherboard VIA (model VIA VT8375 ProSavageDDR KM266).

Problems:
1- I can't to enable the AGP 3.0 suuport, and in AGP 4x mode my system crash;
2- the TV Out of my video card works very bad, really...

I make different combinations of soft, patches, using the lastest VIA Hyperion drivers, and the lastest nVidia Detantor drivers and the problems are still presents...

Then, can somebody help me and tell me what I'm doing bad, or what I might to do?...
I'll really appreciate your help. Thx.

jollyrancher

If the TV-out isn't working right you might need to change the resolution and/or the refresh rate when you use it with the TV. Try 1024X768 or 800X600 at 60Hz.

OP
CoDeX

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
jollyrancher said:
If the TV-out isn't working right you might need to change the resolution and/or the refresh rate when you use it with the TV. Try 1024X768 or 800X600 at 60Hz.

i use in mode TV 800 x 600 60 hz and look very very bad

Remote

Most tv out chips doesn't go any higher then 800*600 and I would be surprised if Manli, seems like a low end brand, would offer a good tv chip. Afaik chrontel chips are used on GF cards.

If AGP 4x doesn't work, tried AGP 2x or 1x. Although I'm not a fanatic gamer I've never seen or noticed the difference between AGP 1x or 4x. Although I know that the transfer speed on the bus is far superior when using 4x.

Afaik AGP 1.6 is the old standard, AGP 1x, and AGP 3.0 is 2x and 4x. Not sure if you are reaching for 8x. Anyways, drivers won't matter since AGP settings are done through the BIOS.

So basicly reboot, press escape, del, f3 or whatever key that grants you access to the bios and change AGP mode...

Not sure if I understood your problem correctly... ;)

Knuckles

Remote said:
Most tv out chips doesn't go any higher then 800*600...

On my MSI GF4 MX440SE-t, I can go up to 1024X768.
Codex, did you tried to change the Flicker Filtrer in the TV-output setting in nview? It resolve lot of problems.

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi

I have the pny verto geforce 4 se agp version
my card supports tv out 1024 x 768 . 16 or 32 bit
I use tv out s video with the RF modulator . set at 800 x 600 or higher for games like GTA 3.
mine works great I havnt had any problems .
I use Direct x 8.1 and the drivers that came with the card on cd.
no Direct x 9
I tried newer drivers for my card downloaded from Nvidia
but they did not improve anything so I switched back.
check your bios and drivers , if all eles fails try another tv im sure that a
flatscreen lcd tv with the s video dvd support built in , will have a better
picture. Thats what im getting next .
also you could format or restore but thats a last ditch effort.
and would mean backing up.
Your problem leads me to believe its your tv.
hope you figure it out . later

jollyrancher

With the TV-out it could be an issue of NTSC/PAL... there might be some switch or setting you have to change to use PAL (isn't that the standard in Spain?)