What's new

about solar (read release next week?)

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
I think it translates to "the 0.3 alpha version will be released in approximately one week"

Im no whizz at spanish though, so dont quote me on it.

~P

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
"2) The next alpha 0.3 version will be available this next week, possibly.

3) It hasnt been talked about it, but rumors say that they are reprogramming a mayor portion of the code and the final objective is, look out, to be able to emulate the DC on a PC of 600mhz!!!"

That is the translation. So good news everyone.

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
garoffi always said it will use SSE, yet as far as I know there arent many (if any at all) CPU's that run at 700MHz and have SSE (Athlon XPs and higher for AMD, Maybe the new celerons and higher for intel - all of which are higher than 700mhz). I just cant see how this will work. Although going by previous suprises it will most definately work ;)

Unless its a major-major-major rewrite.

Please correct me if im wrong, there probably is a 700mhz with SSE, or maybe I have completely the wrong end of the stick.

~P

mezkal

Man on a mission
Phreaky said:
garoffi always said it will use SSE, yet as far as I know there arent many (if any at all) CPU's that run at 700MHz and have SSE (Athlon XPs and higher for AMD, Maybe the new celerons and higher for intel - all of which are higher than 700mhz). I just cant see how this will work. Although going by previous suprises it will most definately work ;)

Unless its a major-major-major rewrite.

Please correct me if im wrong, there probably is a 700mhz with SSE, or maybe I have completely the wrong end of the stick.

~P

Thier target is obviously XBOX :p ALL Pentiums III, Athlon XP and Higher CPU's are equipped with SSE. SSE2/3 are P4/P4EE only. Therefore XBOX's *may* be able to run Chankast.

Here's hoping :)

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
but the point is that a xbox can't use gdroms... i'am wrong ?

EDIT* i remember that 3 years ago, i eard it could be possibe on unix/linux system, just rumours of course... it was when lot of people spoke about nightmare (not me, the false emulator)...

Last edited:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
gr8! but i've got an althlon xp 1900+ processor and I haven't got sse supported. I've tried sum programs to enable it but they don't let me enable it.
But gr8 to see a release in the next week :)

yop

Mad Programmer
my 2400+ wasn't known as SSE by chankast with the oldest bios of my motherboard, and I flashed my bios, now it works ( probably SSE not enable for DarthDazDC too )

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mezkal said:
Thier target is obviously XBOX :p ALL Pentiums III, Athlon XP and Higher CPU's are equipped with SSE. SSE2/3 are P4/P4EE only. Therefore XBOX's *may* be able to run Chankast.

Here's hoping :)

SSE2 is in the Athlon64.

S0LAR

again, I just highlighted the stuff found on http://www.talfi.net/e107/forum_viewtopic.php?3.5771.20, so if you guys want more info, head on there. if you can't read spanish, try google translation... or something. but those quotes were the stuff that really called my attention.

the first one says "2) The next version alpha 0.3 will be this next week surely."

the other says "I guarantee Chankast will run on 600-700Mhz. They've been giving reasons and motives and they've been very convincing, one can notice they know what they do to perfection."

again, these are quoted from the thread I linked above, I really can't attest their veracity, but since the people posting threre are either involved in the develompent of the emu or watched presentations and discussions about it, I am prone to believe them.

also, I don't know about SSE, but my older PC is a P3-550mhz. so, if all P3s have it, then there can surely be a 600mhz machine with SSE...

Stezo2k

S-2K
S0LAR said:
the other says "I guarantee Chankast will run on 600-700Mhz. They've been giving reasons and motives and they've been very convincing, one can notice they know what they do to perfection."

again, these are quoted from the thread I linked above, I really can't attest their veracity, but since the people posting threre are either involved in the develompent of the emu or watched presentations and discussions about it, I am prone to believe them.

also, I don't know about SSE, but my older PC is a P3-550mhz. so, if all P3s have it, then there can surely be a 600mhz machine with SSE...

well i'll believe it when i see it, too good to be true to be honest, would be great though for people with lower specs

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Mokona said:
Neither can a PC, so what's the big point here?

if gdroms can be read, the authors could proceed like the authors of bleemcast...
and because on our pc, it's do-it-yourself... people with xbox don't have necessarily a pc...

Last edited: