What's new

About overclocking sh4

garrofi

Hi,

Some games need sh4 overclocked, for example: you can get VOOT working with sh4 cpu at 120%. If you get black screen in some games, try overclocking sh4.

Garrofi

M

MegaManXGC

The "SH4" is the emulated dc cpu in chankast. Now in Chanka 0.2 they have added the ability for you to Overclock or Underclock the sh4 cpu. You can do this by pressing the + or - key on your numpad. fuck with it a little until you get the best results for the game your playing. Some games go faster when you overclock the sh4 and other games go faster when you underclock it, This is actaully due to what kind of system you have. And depending on your system the + might mean underclocking the sh4 and the - might mean overclocking it. So this is a really great feature because it can give you that fps boost you always wanted.

Masterem

I get like 11fps more in MVC2 when i put it down to about 86cpu.
will this make your pc overheat being its called overclocking?

mezkal

Man on a mission
Yeah you'll get a steep VIRTUAL HEAT increase as you Virtually overclock your virtual SH4 inside the Virtual Dreamcast.

Can you tell I'm virtually speaking shit? :p

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
lol yeah you will need a big Virtual Fan to keep it cool too :p

also thx for the info garrofi :)

Masterem

Would you recommend doing the overclock method for speed increase. and if you do how long should you do it for.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
Hello there Masterem :)

what the overclock thing does if it overclocks the CPU that's emulated on Chankast the SH4, it does nothing to your PC CPU.

if anything it will just put a bit more load on the cpu, but I doubt it would hurt it if you use this feature lots :).

try it out it really does make the games a little bit faster :)

Masterem

Hey thanks alot man and i do see a speed increase in marvel vs capcom 2 its great, i get it up to about 50fps sometimes.

HayArms

Excuse me, how this works ? :p

I've noticed that if I underclock the SH4 CPU the Video becomes faster , and overclocking SH4 makes the Video Slower (at least in Ikaruga) , but sometimes the Audio skips if the CPU is underclocked . How this works? The emulator reserve more resources to the video when the CPU is Underclocked and more to the CPU when Overclocked?

Bye