What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

About Higher Textures(Not a 'how do you get higher textures' question)

Inunah

I've got some higher textures downloaded for Ocarina of Time, and I followed all the directions, but the textures don't load, it's just the original game no matter what I do. It once said it was loading higher textures, but it didn't say if it loaded them or not, because nothing changed when I got into the game. No matter what I name it and what I do, it does not work!!!!!! >_<:angry:

Can someone help me?

I've got a screen showing a more detailed look at my problem. Plus I vented my anger on it.

etking

Try to write THE LEGEND OF ZELDA instead of using small letters. Is the highres_texture folder stored in the emus plugin folder? Are the textures unpacked and stored in the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder?

WWLink

Hero of Winds
Try to write THE LEGEND OF ZELDA instead of using small letters. Is the highres_texture folder stored in the emus plugin folder? Are the textures unpacked and stored in the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder?

You made a mistake when correcting him. It's his hires_textures folder. Also, he needs to name the folder THE LEGEND OF ZELDA in all caps like you said.

Last edited:
OP
I

Inunah

I tried renaming it THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
The folder has everything it needs and is in the hires_textures folder in the PJ64 folder. Wait it's suppposed to be in Plugins?! That folder was there outside plugins when I installed the emu.

I'm sure of all this, but i'm on the wrong computer right now so when I get back to that computer i'll try that again, and if it doesn't work i'll report it.

Oh and i'm no guy. >_< Why does everyone think that?

WWLink

Hero of Winds
What´s wrong with his hires_texture folder ?

Nothing, you just called it a highres_textures folder. I was correcting your spelling in order to make her not make that mistake.

EDIT: The reason I thought you were a guy is because of 2 reasons.

1. I'm a guy, so I call everything a he until I know it's gender.
2. Most people who play video games are guys.

Last edited: