What's new

AAAWWWW i erased all my roms and game saves!

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
yes its true i fucked up beyond fucking up.....i didnt look over my zip disk good enough and got it mixed up with another and erased all my roms and game saves.......damn! 60 freakin roms! some hard to find!! crap crap... funny part is reason its on a zip is i havent played anything for awhile i think im just stayin in the seen for the advancements and i want to make sure i know whats going on at all times in the emulation world...... but
i lost virtual pro wrestling 2 (my precious is gone) damn took forever to get my hands on that

grrrrrrrrrrr!

anyway im just bitchin, nobody in my house cared and i needed to vent :happy: i guess everyone around here is used to me screaming profantities at my computer and shaking my hand in the air yelling (why i outta) at my monitor:satisfied

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Heh, I accidentally deleted over a gig of arcade roms a few months ago... Oh man, I almost smashed my PC to pieces...

GuestX

if you don't know how to use it, don't use it :p

same by me, all my N64, SNES, PSX ROMS/ISOS were
deleted some months ago. And i lost my CD's with them.

I've got 3 harddisks, 1 for windows (almost filled up, 139 mb free :doh: ), 1 for the games and one for backups and downloads. If I fiddled with my system it's recommended to have some backups and downloaded zip files. I never lose files (you need the patience of an angel while starting the comp. For about 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!!).

Slougi

I have all my roms on another pc, shared by nfs. They are read only for regular users, only root (=linux admin) can delete them.

Clements

Yep, I also back-up my roms on CDs. I also have loads of roms lying dormant on my old hard drive in my older comp. In the UK, hardly anyone uses Zip disks (at least no one I know!) You can get HDs on keyrings now that hold 64MB+ that connect via USB. Might be worth a purchase...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, otherwise, you could use norton undelete to protect your roms :D
If other, you could always send all your roms to the recycle bin and delete them after 7 days. That goes to any file. If you see you don't need them after a week, you can probably safely assume you don't need 'em.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
CDs are *not* a good idea to store your majorly important files

You never know if your CD will explode or not when using the CD,
thus you should use a second hard disk drive.

Last edited:
OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
one problem with the norton thing

yea i think this all happened awhile ago that was one thing that made me mad....i did this from what i can tell maybe 2 months ago....but oh well shit happens...but one good thing i found virtual pro wrestling off my old ibm hd so im happy.....im not going to put pj64 back on a machine untill i get my new computer and enough memory to have everything i want! running how i want
:)

Eagle

aka Alshain
I think its more likely that your Hard Drive will die than your CD will explode.

Flash

Technomage
I have two mirrored 146 Gb SCSI Ultra320 HDDs plus good PSU and UPS all in 3mm steel case so only one thing can destroy my PC - accidental nuclear explosion :D

Of course i'm not so rich as Bill Gates - i've got disks from dead mainframe hdd array (it was problems with PSU - 50v instead of 12 - only two HDDs of 100 survived and it was my work to retrieve data from them, so I have come home late at night with a two buckets of radio components :) and 1000$ in pocket )

BTW easiest way is to copy important data on two or even three CDs and store them in different places ;)