What's new

A tribute to Dreamcast, R.I.P.

blizz

Zero said:
The pokemon fab will vanish because quite frankly it's getting annoying (Pokemon Blue,Red,Green,Yellow,Gold,Silver,Crystal,Diamond,Stadium,Stadium2,Snap,Puzzle League) See what I mean ? ???

LOL Transformers are still around and they were a kiddy fad, and now lots of adults want to buy the orignal toys for lots of money... Nintendo can't rely on it for income though, but I don't think they'll have to with this console generation, but this generation isn't going to settle who will stay in this market and who will leave, if Nintendo make a tidy profit off of the NGC they'll throw their hat into the ring for the next generation (they don't expect big things in this generation), Sony will definately be there, it remains to be seen whether M$ will (although I'm betting gates will either stick it out or shift the money over to their netpad thingy), the X-Box is off to a good start but launch number mean jack all a year down the line, they have to consitently deliver and relying on Sega to help in the Japanese market is foolish, if Sega can't sell their own console to their native market selling a foreign console to Japan is going to be even harder, Panzer Dragoon and Nights may have been good but they didn't sell the Saturn.

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I don't know how you can say that Nintendo are in financial trouble. From the financial year 1999-2000 they made more money than any other games company, about 4 times more than the next company, which was EA. Nintendo do not rely on Pokemon, they were making money before them. Zelda and Mario have been popular for over 15 years. At the moment they are also funding small game companies to get ideas like Pokemon (Nintendo didn't actually make the idea for Pokemon, that was GameFreaks) because they know they that it won't be around forever. And you forget that they own the handheld market. When you consider this I really doubt that Nintendo will be gone for at least another 20 years.

gokuss4

Meh...
Nintendo will live on. hell it has lived on since like the 1890's. yup around that time they made trading cards than made a console in 1984. so nintendo is real old lol. so it'll live in for a long time since they are still doin really popular. and ever since ssb came out IT WHEN OFF THE CHARTS! IMO at least :D

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
What I think is crazy is Yamauchi is still the president of Nintendo after 50 years or something. I think he's in his 70's now and he became president when he was about 19. (Feel free to correct me on exact numbers, but it's still a hell of a long time.

blizz said:
Panzer Dragoon and Nights may have been good but they didn't sell the Saturn.

FOOOOOOLS!! all of them! two of the coolest games EVER (especially panzer dragoon saga):devil:

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Yeah, we're not saying they're not.. Just that they didn't sell the Saturn..

Josep

eyerun4phun
sorry guys, its all about shenmue2, if you haven't played shenmue2, you haven't been playing your dreamcast properly:) that should be a Disclamer on the dreamcast:)

Jfletcher

I just downloaded Shenmue II. It's pretty good so far, but it takes up almost a whole VMU... Graphics are better than the original too.

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
the 1 thing, tho which the dreamcast lacked tho was decent footy games, unlike megadrive. italia 90 aka sega soccer

dave_luther said:
the 1 thing, tho which the dreamcast lacked tho was decent footy games, unlike megadrive. italia 90 aka sega soccer

the lack of footie games killed it here in the uk, all it needed was a port of iss... :(

blizz

sytaylor said:

the lack of footie games killed it here in the uk, all it needed was a port of iss... :(

we play one game on it, I think it's UEFA, it's good fun, I always get people sent off :D

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
not as classy as italia tho, remember playing it wiv ur mates and when u scored the guy shouted GOAAL! and the same guy raising his arm but in different team colours came up? wot a great game, wot great memories! and u cud never get sent off even tho the sound effects suggested that the other player had broken his spine!

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
We brits were also robbed of the Nomad a great, sega portable which cud play megadrive games on the go!

GBA

:stupid: