What's new

A thought came to my head whilst running your emulator...

rezzo

I remember the emulator 'Project 64'... For the N64!

I remembered it in particular because of how many similarity's (to me) Project 64 has to Dolphin.

I remember there was an option in Project 64 that allowed the user to trick games into thinking a memory card was inserted.

So... You're thinking "of what use could that be for our excellent Gamecube emulator" well I'll tell you!

The new Pokemon Ruby & Saphire game requires a memory card.

I can't play the 2D crap because I need a memory card!

In future updates of Teaser/BETA/Final Release don't you think it would be a nice idea to include this if save stating wasn't possible?

jareg

Just A Guy
rezzo said:

I remembered it in particular because of how many similarity's (to me) Project 64 has to Dolphin.

I remember there was an option in Project 64 that allowed the user to trick games into thinking a memory card was inserted.

So... You're thinking "of what use could that be for our excellent Gamecube emulator" well I'll tell you!

In future updates of Teaser/BETA/Final Release don't you think it would be a nice idea to include this if save stating wasn't possible?

Ou aint that nice memory cards i bet that the authors havent thought about it :p

personally, i think emulation is very important ... i kinda agree with that fire guy ... speed is not important and compat is. same is true with the orig NES ... you can't buy those games anymore (hardly) ... and lots of NES systems don't work anymore ... emulating that isn't costing Nintendo much (if any) money ... it promotes their new software, if you ask me. by the time Nintendo comes out with their new system(s), Gamecube should be relatively shared.

JinXD

SoberAnalyst said:
... i kinda agree with that fire guy ...
Heh, I take it you don't realise F|RES is one of the authors of Dolphin!? :happy:

Last edited:
OP
rezzo

rezzo

jareg said:
Ou aint that nice memory cards i bet that the authors havent thought about it :p

No need to be sarcastic, ofcourse they thought of save stating that's obvious, but not as likely that they have thought about the Memory Card trick in Project 64.

Heh, I take it you don't realise F|RES is one of the authors of Dolphin!?

i do. how else would his name be all over the documentation and how else would he have administrative access to posting things right on the official Dolphin website? ... plus the fact that he's said he works on it and the fact that i seen him programming it and building the executable. i also have many still frames of him comprising various beta logos for the project. i also have recorded FBI wiretaps placing him at the scene of the crime. don't make me bring in DNA evidence and polygraphs!

JinXD

SoberAnalyst said:
i do. how else would his name be all over the documentation and how else would he have administrative access to posting things right on the official Dolphin website? ... plus the fact that he's said he works on it and the fact that i seen him programming it and building the executable. i also have many still frames of him comprising various beta logos for the project. i also have recorded FBI wiretaps placing him at the scene of the crime. don't make me bring in DNA evidence and polygraphs!
rofl, was just the way you worded the post! :happy:

Remote

SoberAnalyst said:

If this were Jeopardy, the question would be..

What is a stalker? :p

ps. suggestions and new ideas are newer wrong I guess, so keep 'em coming..

Originally Posted by rezzo

I think you're talking about the controller plugins for Project 64, since its plugins had memory card compatibility. The authors of Dolphin are probably going to work on this feature as soon as its more stable and playable. Patience is the key...