What's new

a recommendation on performance

the_baddoggie

Hey there,

I have a recommendation about the general performance of Chankast for those with low-spec machines like me. When using chankast if you disable network connection it gains up 5%-10%. I think that is something to do with cpu priority.

As I do not have a multithreading cpu and thinking that there might be someone else like me I decided to post something. Sorry for double posting if said before. New around here.

I would like to thank every one for adding something to the emulation process of dreamcast. Hope the next release show up soon.

amd athlon 3000+, 1gigs DDR, ati radeon 9600xt

flowrent

Low-spec?
If that's a low spec Pc than what can you say about my 1.4 Ghz?..I should throw it straight to the garbage...
I will try the network disable thing,see how that works..

GCFreak

That is not a low Spec PC, even though it's 1.8GHz, it's plenty for Chankast.

My Athlon 64 3000+ runs the bios full speed, unlike my old Athlon XP 2500+ at 1.8GHz which runs it at 50fps.

coolbgdog

All my games run slow at around 20fps using that or not. I have an Intel Celeron 2.4ghz 768mb Ram pc2700 with an Ati Radeon 9600 pro.

OP
T

the_baddoggie

err ok you may be right it's not a low spec machine but the aim of this post was about the cpu power needed by Chankast. when you are connected to internet, lots of services start to share cpu priority and power. Disabling the connection worked for me. why not for you?

I would like to inform you that chankast on my machine runs Capcom Vs SNK 2 at 66 fps during menus, 50-55 fps in-game. When I disabled the connection I gained 5-10 fps. 5-10 fps is important for such a game where you make combos. The game should run at full speed 60 fps (pal) to make combos. You might know that rotating level. There was nothing I could do about that :) Waiting for the perfect release heheh :)

GCFreak

Celeron 2.4GHz is no where near an Athlon XP 2400+. The AMD Athlon XP 2400+ is equivalent to an Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz Non-HT Socket 478.