What's new

A possible fix for pokemon not registering in photos for Pokemon Snap

CanadaMMA

This is NOT covering the problem with pictures being unviewable. That is covered in several other threads and in the gamefaq for verison 1.6.

I decided to make this thread to cover a 2nd problem that I had and found a fix for. I have seen several others have had this problem and I couldn't find a fix dispite using the search button so forgive me if I missed it.

This is a fix for the problem where pictures are viewable, but the pokemon in the pictures don't register with the game (e.g it says there are no pokemon in the photos, dispite the fact they are clearly there). This is fix is assuming you are using the lastest verison of protect 64 and the lastest verison of Jabo's plugin.

In the gamefaq, it says the the pokemon report causes the game to hang when you don't have the direct 3d pipleline turned on. However, having this turned on seemed to be the problem, as when I disabled it, the photos turned up fine. Also, do not turn on the framebuffer to RDRAM switch until AFTER you finished the level. Turn it on and then scroll to the second page and everything will look the way it should and the game will register everything it should.

I hope this helps someone.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
thanks that is good info, i cannot confirm now though

you don't find the game hangs when d3d pipeline is disabled?

OP
C

CanadaMMA

Only if I go into the pokemon report to view pictures I had taken previously. If I am reporting after a trip, then no, it doesn't hang at all.

Like I said, once I turned it off, it worked fine. However, if I want to go back and view previous pictures, then it hangs.