What's new

A lot of speed in Zelda (No$GBA 2.6)

GamerAeon

Well after losing my fricken voice I give up on this stupid part where I have to get the salvage arm the tightwad won't give it to me for less than 1000 Rupees and it'd take me hours on end to gather up that much again.

Any suggestions are welcome.......As well as a 2.5c Save point PAST this part.:matrix:

spotanjo3

You have to use microphone to scream so loudy then he will reduce it to about 200 rupees I dont remember but yeah. :)

new_profile

The problem with this emulator is that is doesn't offer a way to configure how many frames to skip. The RealTime, Auto value is skipping too many frames IMHO. The Unlimited 100% is slow but it'ss the best choice when dealing with Jolene 'especially with the final battle with her).

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Actually I have to agree. 50% sometimes is still too fast, so I play with 100% with sound turned off (sound seems fine with Realtime, but it's choppy with Unlimited MHz Disaster). And I doubt my computer is the problem. What exactly did you find strange on his post, RockmanForte? Didn't you say yourself that you play with Unlimited 50%?

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

Actually I have to agree. 50% sometimes is still too fast, so I play with 100% with sound turned off (sound seems fine with Realtime, but it's choppy with Unlimited MHz Disaster). And I doubt my computer is the problem. What exactly did you find strange on his post, RockmanForte? Didn't you say yourself that you play with Unlimited 50%?

i play the same way like you.

seriously. I dont have a problem. I just played it and dont know why you guys have it too fast or something. o_O

RockmanForte, i think that your pc is old. Or don´t?????

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

with nocash i have to put it in 50% to play at perfect speed.
with opengl i have ti put it in 100% to play at perfect speed.

I have a Athlon 64 3500+ and 1024 Mb RAM Ddr.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I'm also near finishing it, yesterday I beat Bellum, but the emulator froze during the cutscene, and every save I made since I opened the emulator was lost. Next time I'll have to save before fighting him, close the emulator and make a backup of it... oh well...

But back on the subject, when you say so bluntly that Zelda runs fine, without even saying that you turn off the sound to prevent crashes, but has to turn it on to use the mic, and with Unlimited MHz Disaster. I think that's far from fine, since there are so many games that run great on no$gba without having to change so many options. And new_profile was talking about realtime auto speed, which is indeed to fast with too much frame skip, and you answered like there's something wrong with him, not the emulator.

As for 50% or 100%, I think that's just a matter of opinion. I'd rather a bit too slow than a bit too fast (although 50% sometimes looks like more than a bit too fast).

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

the only two thing that i want for the next version is:
- solve de openGl problem (black people)
- limit the frameskiping on "Realtime, Auto"

djnforce9

Yeah I finally got it down to 300 rupees after I cranked the Mic up to absolute maximum and yelled lol:party:

I actually think the mic feature is simply tied to the recording options in windows. I wonder if an alternative would be to set your recording options to "Stereo Output" and then play a nice loud MP3 file. That theoretically should yield the same result since no$gba seems to send this output to the emulator. I haven't tested it but you probably could get that price even lower if it worked :p.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I want to say that the emulator should have the name acord to the last generation of rom that is capable of emulate.
Technically speaking, you could call VisualBoyAdvance a GBA emulator only. However, since the GBA could play GBC games, so could the emulator.

OP
Nahuel

Nahuel

For that reason No$gba should have another name because it emulates a NDS console!. Also the "No$" has to be changed to "Yes$" jejejejeje

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
it should be called "Yes$NBA"
You've opened already a lot threads with just mini questions, which could be answered with a little search.
And now, you also show a lot disrespect to martin and his great emu.
If you don't have anything sensefull to say, then be quite.
And the most important thing is, this thread already is nearly 4 months old.