What's new

A little noob question...

majoraz

well... before you start to blame me... I have a Game Cube, and off course a lot of original games (one of them is Mario Sunshine)...

I'm only curious about the game cube emulation and I have one question that I hope someone can answer me...

I downloaded one file .rar that is supossed to be the Mario Sunshine game, but inside the file there are near 16 files but there isnt a .gcm or .iso file...

How can I open the game, in the dolphin emulator?? :huh:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
What files are inside the RAR? If they're all RAR files [named in a pattern, part01.rar, part02.rar or r01, r02..] you can extract them all to a folder and use one or the main one [usually .rar] to extract the game. :D

Hope it helps.

OP
M

majoraz

Well, I could extract the files :D, thanks for the help :)...
Now the problem I cant open the iso with the emulator... the emulator always stays loading, i mean, booting, any way to fix this? :huh:

Super Noodle

Read the GOD FORSAKEN RULES, Im so mad at you people. So many damn idiots in the world. THE EMULATOR CANNOT RUN GAMES. GO AWAY AND READ THE DAMN RULES YOU IDIOT. NEVER POST in this forum again.

DON TALK ABOUT DOWNLOADING GAMES!!!

EMULATOR DOESNT WORK, Idiots like you posted IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME countless times. TAKE THE TIME AND SEARCH THE FORUMS.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Super Noodle said:
Read the GOD FORSAKEN RULES, Im so mad at you people. So many damn idiots in the world. THE EMULATOR CANNOT RUN GAMES. GO AWAY AND READ THE DAMN RULES YOU IDIOT. NEVER POST in this forum again.

DON TALK ABOUT DOWNLOADING GAMES!!!

EMULATOR DOESNT WORK, Idiots like you posted IT DOESNT WORK FOR ME countless times. TAKE THE TIME AND SEARCH THE FORUMS.
Lol.

OP
M

majoraz

Hey man.. dont be so rude, Im LEARNING idiot...
I read the rules of the forum...
I didnt say that I WANT play games in my computer, i can play them in my GC, I didnt ask where get image files, so first read my post... Im just TRIYING the emulator, only that...
and I'm asking about the problem because the solution I found in the forum didnt help me... ok? so dont be lame man!

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Hey guys, grow up will ya? Its an emulator thats a Work in Progress! Just chill out and get back on topic to answerin majora's question.

OP
M

majoraz

Off topic: Sorry if I bother someone...
On topic: I tried disabling the dynarec, I read that doing that the problem could be fixed but doesnt work for me... :(

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
majoraz said:
Well, I could extract the files :D, thanks for the help :)...
Now the problem I cant open the iso with the emulator... the emulator always stays loading, i mean, booting, any way to fix this? :huh:

Is it .ISO or .GCM? To my knowledge, Dolphin only works properly with .GCM files, so you'll have to switch over the filetype.

In any folder > tools > folder options > view > uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" > Go to the .ISO file and rename it to .GCM. :D

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Kronox! said:
if that doesn't help.... what version of directx do u have ..... it only works with the 9.c

No, I think it works with any version of 9.0 [Excluding A]. But, the more updated DirectX versions help. :p

OP
M

majoraz

Is it .ISO or .GCM?
Well I read in the forum that you could use a .iso too... anyways, I changed the iso to .gcm before posting the question :) and the problem persists.
In any folder > tools > folder options > etc...
Im a noob but I know how change file extensions :)... lol...

I also tried moving dlls and all, but, the booting window keeps following me :p...
ehmmm let me think... I think that's all I tried at the moment... any suggestions? :)

what version of directx do u have
DirectX 9.0c :)

Kronox!

:bouncy: OK xD

once again what version of directX do you have!!??
i had the same problem..and with Directx 9 it was solved.. (any version.. Vile :p )

Last edited:
OP
M

majoraz

once again what version of directX do you have!!??
9.0c :)

maybe I'm seeing dead things but... I read somewhere that someone has mario sunshine running almost perfect? :huh:
and a lot of people at least running the logo... so... at least I must see the logo! XD
or maybe play at bullet time or slow motion... XD

Pky

I read somewhere that someone has mario sunshine running almost perfect?

I don't want to be rude but you're seeing things, if you mean in graphics, they may work better with the fixes they are doing, but the fps i don't think they will be PERFECT until some time.