What's new

A little help in tweaking PD?

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I have the latest version of Project 64 and all the plugins. I read in another thread from the likes of Clements etc, that they get PD working practically perfectly (unless i read wrong when tired lol).

I was wondering what settings/plugins you guys use as im still having problems. Some of the in-game cutscenes dont display properly like for example, Area 51 and i get a garbled screen when using the Camspy.

EDIT 1: I have just tried the Camspy as Clements suggested in a previous thread. I used it in the Carington Insitute, second room along and it worked fine! Only thing is it does not work any better than garbled screen in solo mission with the radiation.

EDIT 2: I know why the Camspy does not work and its got nothing to do with graphics cards or drivers i think! I tried the Europe (E) version and it does not work. I tried the American (U) version and it does! WOW! Who would have thought!

The only thing is though with the (E) version it is in full screen all the time and the (U) version sometimes is fullscreen and other times there is a black thick border at the bottom of the screen.

Any ways round this?

Thanks all. :)

Last edited:

Clements

The (U) rom works fine apart from the black border (probably a bug in the video plugin), Hi-res mode not working, and other existing problems with the Perfect Menu etc, but Camspy works fine, and the Area52 intro works for me mostly.

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Its not much of a border i suppose and its not always there, but its there for multiplayer and quiet a few solo levels. Its just that border at the bottom of the pic. I can play a level that shows the border, click the camspy on and the border disapears but its back again as soon as i get out of the camspy vision!

I would be sooooo chuffed if i could get rid of it some how. I know you have an Nvidia card Clements. What driver you on? The black bar is there in full screen and windowed mode. I have not changed any options at all since install.

The first pic is from the (U) version with the border (but spycam works perfect and all blur effects. The second pic is from the (E) version without border but camspy does not work!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I HAVE SOLVED IT!!!

Ok. Yet again, this is really weird. With the (U) version of the game, I pressed 'start' to bring up the menu in PD. I ticked the box called 'hires' and the border was gone! The game, as you said is not in hires (but the (E) version does), but the border is gone!

YAY!!!

Hope this helps others out to.

I have just tried out the IR Scanner and Horizon Scanner though and i see garbled blocks of red. What do you guys see or is it just me?

Last edited:

Clements

I can't seem to get the IR scanner to work either, must have slipped the net when all the other more common devices were implemented, same with horizon scanner which is available only in a few levels. Hi-res does fix the border in the (U) version.