What's new

A little double monitor fun :)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I actually just set this up to see what it was like. To darn hard IMO to play games like this.

(sorry for the quality had to resize a little)

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
alexa999 said:
Why did you do it? How did you do it? :huh:

1) Because it could be done.

2) Just hooked up two monitors (see video card below) and changed my res to 2048x768

I'm actually already considering hooking it back up. I already miss having the second monitor for various situations. Such as playing CS on one screen while running HLDS for my server itself to admin from. Stuff like that.

Knuckles

If I had a digital camera I could make you some 3 screens shots.

1st screen: TV, on my GF4
2nd: analog on my GF4
3rd: analog on my Diamond Fusion

but looks horrible when in strech mode.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
How'd you do that one? Are you using all of your systems shown in that pic, and just using the dual support on each of them?

Lex

I don't think so because you can see 1 cockpit. And if you are using more computers you cannot have 1 cockpit, correct me if i'm wrong :p.

Knuckles

alexa999 said:
Woah, sweet!

Another useless post

Lex, true, and look at the two screens at the bottom, they aren't in game. They are simply pictures on the desktop....

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
Well Lex. I'm sure that you can hook up all of those monitors to one computer through a series, but I was thinking that perhaps they put each comp at the same place in the game, and just used dual support and a different view from each comp to make it look like a complete scene.

Quvack

Dual Monitor support is kinda cool :) Havent really had a chance to try it out much with n64 emulators though, might give it a try later, i have a feeling stretching a game over 2 screens would be a lil tricky to follow though :)

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Quvack said:
Dual Monitor support is kinda cool :) Havent really had a chance to try it out much with n64 emulators though, might give it a try later, i have a feeling stretching a game over 2 screens would be a lil tricky to follow though :)

Yes it is. To my understanding 3 (or any odd number) is much easier to follow. Puts your focus on the main middle monitor while using perif vision for the rest.

Quvack

LazerTag said:
Yes it is. To my understanding 3 (or any odd number) is much easier to follow. Puts your focus on the main middle monitor while using perif vision for the rest.

That makes sence actually, well I have two going all the time usually (monitor and tv-out anyway), adding another monitor into the setup would be kinda interesting i spose! :alien2:

Lex

joel_029 said:
Well Lex. I'm sure that you can hook up all of those monitors to one computer through a series, but I was thinking that perhaps they put each comp at the same place in the game, and just used dual support and a different view from each comp to make it look like a complete scene.
Could be, but it is a bit tricky.
And if you use one controller you can't control them all.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Knuckles said:
Just wanna know, which (recent) games currently supports dual-display?? any ideas?

I personally have played

Raven Shield, Midnight Club II, Quake III, UT2k3, and a few others I can't think of offhand. All of the games I have played like that so far support multi monitors natively also. No need to screw with configuration files by hand or anything.