What's new

A Happy Farewell :)

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Category: <b>Site</b><br><br>Hey guys I just wanted to post up a short formal farewell and to say goodbye to the all the great people I have come across in the community over the past 6 years. This is not a sad farewell and I am happy to leave the community feeling good about what I have given back. With the recent merge of my site EmuFanatics with Emulation64 it enabled me to finally step down and walk away on good terms and to leave the site in good hands. I was originally going to fade away quietly but that's not really my style. ;)

I still have a few developer spotlights out there that I am waiting for and I will be sure to pass those on to the team once I get them back. I will also be around working on my project EFx2Blogs (yeah shameless plug) and will be here to help with the Emulation64 maintenance when something breaks or needs to be added. Thanks for all the good times it's been fun. :)

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
Oh dear, i am quite stunned, i for one cant believe you are going. Of course i wish you well but at the same time its very sad indeed to see you go.

/me needs a drink

Good luck and keep hanging around in IRC

Martin

Administrator
Me neither, didn't expect this. Keith didn't even tell me. :(

Best of luck though.

GameCop

I am glad I was able to know you sir! You are definitely an icon in the emulation scene, regardless of your leaving. It was a pleasure being able to talk to you and I wish you the best on your future endeavors. There is always more to life than a computer screen. :)

Last edited:

WhiteX

For the ones who respect emulation, Keith will be always a name to be remembered, i am glad i was able to talk to you here sir, have a nice one and visit us often.

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
Best of luck Keith. You have given so much to the emulation community. I feel like we should give you a trophy for your dedication :)

Drop by from time to time, its always nice to see you here.

Miretank

Lurking
whoa, this all of sudden =|
this is sad. well, I wish you the best for you and your family :)
the one who loses here is the community. =\

OP
Keith

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Thanks for all the comments guys but nothing to be sad about. I will still be around in the admin sense and will be helping with the site code wise and helping out with hosted sites. I just won't be doing the day to day stuff of posting news which can be a grind after awhile. My overall interest in emulation itself is pretty much zero these days and I feel I have outgrown it. I have done a lot over the past 6 years and I feel its time to move on. I still feel I am a great asset to Emulation64 and still have much more to give and will continue to work on the site from the backside I guess you could say. As far as the forums I was never much of a poster to begin with so that won't change much and I will always remain on IRC because I still enjoy the community. :)

So in a nutshell as far as emulation goes I am done with it, but I will always be a web dever at heart and Emu64 (merged that is) is one of my babies.

I should also mention if you are interested in a news posting position then please get a hold of me and I will see about getting you added to the site. :)

smcd

Well thanks for helping keep ET a clean and fun place to be over the years & see ya around :)

GCFreak

Best of luck to you Keith you are a true benefit to the Emulation Scene & you will always be highly respected, Online of offline :). We will see you later ;D

Trotterwatch

Sorry to see you go Keith, but at least you'll still be around to help out with the server and stuff for when Martin breaks it again :p

I wish you and Sandy all the very best.

Remote

Martin said:
Remote: You don't have to call him an ass just because he quit :(

I'm not calling him an ass because he quit. I'm calling him an asset since he has a webcam and is willing to put out :p

Derek

less evil admin ;)
Dang Keith, I thought you were taking a break.

Anyway, you best be around IRC. Don't just disappear on us.