What's new

A Few Questions on PJ64 1.4

TBiscuit

Ok, first of all... do you guys fell that 1.4 is around 5-7% slower than the other versions? Gamas that ran at 60fps, not get around 48-52.

Anyonw have a list of the New games supported? Seems to be only a couple..?

I checked the Rom Database file, and many games say they need a certain plugin to work... what plugin is this? Where can we get it?

Do I still need the old .ini file?

I noticed there are a few new options in the plugins menus. What would be the recommended settings for most games?

Well, thats all for now. Thanks!
Too bad this is the final version..
Congrats to the creators for this excellent little piece of software!

Triz

I aint dissing you or nuttin but...

Project64 has a extensive (and beautiful ;) thanks to smiff) manual in it just go to the help option and go to contents it saves you asking questions which have already been asked and it can give you tips and information on settings etc which you may not know about read that and you should be set :) have fun! and goodluck! ;)

Eliminator

The Eliminator
There is now support for Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini and Diddy Kong Racing. Also there were one hell of a lot of gfx problems fixed will one hell of a lot of games!

zilmar

Emulator Developer
you speed drop from 60 to 50 .. does not happen to be because it is a pal/eur rom ?

they run at 50 vi/sec .. the new frame limitor picks up what country it is and limits on that .. you can always press f4 and see if it speeds it up ..

Slougi

Well I have noticed that PJ64 1.4 seems to be slower than 1.3 too. :(
May just be the OS, AFAIK you guys run win2k, I'm using ME atm. I will soon upgrade to XP and see if it changes ;)
ps: nice thing u r still around :p

OP
T

TBiscuit

I'm using the same US Roms I used with 1.3
Somehow, 1.4 seems to run slower for me....

Anyone else gets this?
Please advise!

System Specs:
Athlon TBird 900
384MB PC133 RAM
GeForce 2 MX 400 32MB
WinME

gokuss4

Meh...
PJ64 1.4 doesn't have a difference too me much. it is more compatible with stuff so it is a little slower.

Eikef7

If you are worried about speed, try changing the counter factor in rom settings to a higher level. 4 or 5 is decent. Some games don't react well though. They either have really bad timing problems or freeze up. A majority work well though. If they do you should get a nice speed increase.

There are also other ways to increase the speed in the help file.