What's new

A few questions/comments

Crystal Dark

I am pretty new to the whole GC Emulation world, and although challenging, the results seem promising. I own a gamecube, and would just like to ask a few questions.

I am running on an XPS Gen 2 Laptop. I have the 2Ghz Pentium M, and the Geforece 6800 Ultra with 1GB of Ram. Dolphin can load SSBM with no problem, but when I select a person and press start, it freezes. Dolwin on the other hand, does not load the game at all, but it uses CPU and shows FPS and the like. I have searched the forums for a while, and followed Knuckles's guide to dolwin, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Also, tommorow, I am getting a computer for my aunt. This is one Kickass gaming machine, with a 3.0 Ghz Dual Core Pentium M, 4GB of DDR2. and 10,000 RPM Harddrive, with a Geforce FX gaming card. I am going to try SSB on that beast, and report my results soon.

~CrystalDark

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Actually, he's trying to get it to run properly, not get better speed. I'm not sure I can help you with Dolwin, but with Dolphin you have to switch the language before it'll work ingame.
You'll probably get pretty much the same results out of your aunt's beast as your current computer. With Dolphin, computer specs matter less than with most other emulators. The bottleneck with Dolphin is the CPU more than anything, and even the latest processors make little difference.

GCFreak

Crystal Dark said:
I am pretty new to the whole GC Emulation world, and although challenging, the results seem promising. I own a gamecube, and would just like to ask a few questions.

I am running on an XPS Gen 2 Laptop. I have the 2Ghz Pentium M, and the Geforece 6800 Ultra with 1GB of Ram. Dolphin can load SSBM with no problem, but when I select a person and press start, it freezes. Dolwin on the other hand, does not load the game at all, but it uses CPU and shows FPS and the like. I have searched the forums for a while, and followed Knuckles's guide to dolwin, to no avail. Any help would be appreciated

Also, tommorow, I am getting a computer for my aunt. This is one Kickass gaming machine, with a 3.0 Ghz Dual Core Pentium M, 4GB of DDR2. and 10,000 RPM Harddrive, with a Geforce FX gaming card. I am going to try SSB on that beast, and report my results soon.

~CrystalDark

Change the language to another one, then try again :).

OP
C

Crystal Dark

Changed the language, and it works, although 3 FPS isn't really that desirible... Oh well, back to the gamecube then...

DOGG

franticchris said:
where did u get SSBM? Ive looked everywhere!
Stop posting in all threads asking people where they got their game from. Can't wait till you're banned.

GCFreak

Neither can I, DOGG. Frant, pack your bags, your the weakest link. *waves goodbye*

Knuckles!!! Ban this guy please!!!