What's new

A Couple of Questions About the Teaser..

rezzo

Hi everyone,

First time post here!

Before I ask my question's I would just like to thank the Dolphin team for making this emulator possible!

So my questions are:

1) My computer spec is:

1.0 GHZ Pentium 3 Processor
384MB DDR RAM
64MB GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

Will it be possible to run games with this spec (providing settings are low)?

... I can play DOOM 3 at a good speed so I would of thought so, I just wanted a professional opinion.

2) Is there a release date for Dolphin? Or is it just done when it's done?

3) What is the difference between the BETA you big guy's have and the TEASER available to everyone?

4) How does Picmin 2 run on the TEASER?

If anyone replies I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance! :bouncy:

dreamer

rezzo said:
... I can play DOOM 3 at a good speed so I would of thought so, I just wanted a professional opinion.

thats amazing your computer can play doom 3
:huh: sorry if this is off topic, but i tried Doom 3 with these specs:
AMD athlon XP 2500+ @1.8 ghz
64 mb Geforce TI 4200 (i think it was that)
256 mb RAM.

it ran so bad it was almost unplayable :plain: (even at 640 x 480 res it ran at a slow framerate). its working okay with my Radeon 9600 256 mb tho. odd

jareg

Just A Guy
dreamer said:
thats amazing your computer can play doom 3
:huh: sorry if this is off topic, but i tried Doom 3 with these specs:
AMD athlon XP 2500+ @1.8 ghz
64 mb Geforce TI 4200 (i think it was that)
256 mb RAM.

it ran so bad it was almost unplayable :plain: (even at 640 x 480 res it ran at a slow framerate). its working okay with my Radeon 9600 256 mb tho. odd

Thats because of the 256 mb ram

he said (provided the settings are low) ... you can turn off a lot of things in Doom 3 including bump mapping. that's what i did with my spare computer:

2.6 Celeron
64mb RADEON 8500LE
512mb RAM

i must say though, it didn't run acceptable at all for me. i think all 3 of those are better than all 3 of rezzo's. (computer on my profile runs doom 3 fine).

has anyone just given the guy a straight answer yet? ... here's mine and i quote myself "don't expect better than 1FPS on anything because you might be disappointed"

Last edited:

Clements

Bust-a-Move 3000 may be playable. Then again, a 1GHz Celeron is very slow by today's high standards.

The requirements of Dolphin to run 3D are frightening, and probably will always be, so don't expect too much.

OP
rezzo

rezzo

I don't know about "Bump Settings", In system settings on Doom 3 it is set to low quality and on advanced everything is turned off.

I haven't edited the config and I can play it fine!

It's weird because my friend has Doom 3 installed but it looks crap compared to how mine run's and he has:

1.5 GHZ P3
GeForce 3
512MB RAM

Thanks Sober for answering one of my questions, the FAQ doesn't meet my questions correctly, could I have a personal opinion?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
From the way that you asked the answers would be:
1) Only some compatible 2D games. Compatible 3D games will be VERY slow.
2) It is done when it's done.
3) It runs more games and it's faster. Don't ask for it though (ban).
4) No. EDIT: I meant that it doesn't run :D

Last edited:
when the beta is finalized or when there is another release, people might get a better impression on what kind of computer is going to run Dolphin. it's hard to tell now seeing as how the FPS is lying on the status bar for some games and most games don't get passed the title screen. my personal opinion is to wait ... perhaps a long time ... then you might get more accurate answers. plus, you're not allowed to ask when Dolphin is going to be released ... you could get band. it's not as bad as asking for Roms or ISOs though. i would check back monthly to see if there's a release and when there's a new release, ask your question again.

OP
rezzo

rezzo

OK, This has answered my questions apart from "How does Picmin 2 run on TEASER" - No.

LOL

Anyway, thanks for your replies & answer's.

Much appreciated.

I know where to get my rom's from anyroad ;)

OP
rezzo

rezzo

Atleast you guy's actually have a bloody GameCube on your PC, that's fantastic!

Until I update my computer I will stick to my Gamecube.

On another note, wouldn't it be possible to burn the .gcm files to a mini DVD and play on Gamecube? (Providing I own the original game)

JinXD

rezzo said:
On another note, wouldn't it be possible to burn the .gcm files to a mini DVD and play on Gamecube? (Providing I own the original game)
No you can't! There are ways you can play a *.gcm on an actual gamecube, but they can't be spoken about here.

Anyways this is OT and nowt to do with Dolphin......

OP
rezzo

rezzo

I just played Bust a Move 3 at a great speed! Ran perfect! I can't believe how well your emulator run's, especially with the TEASER release!

Getting Paper Mario 2 next (Ofcourse I own the original though ;))

Stezo2k

S-2K
rezzo said:
I just played Bust a Move 3 at a great speed! Ran perfect! I can't believe how well your emulator run's, especially with the TEASER release!

Getting Paper Mario 2 next (Ofcourse I own the original though ;))

i wouldn't build my hopes up though, bust a move 3 is the only playable game really in the emu, with the rest of them being slow