What's new

A close look inside the v64 PM Sprites

-Shadow-

Banned
Now THATS a weird occurance ! I can't see anything on the second image , what should it be ?

I saw something of that kind in the B-K and Donkey kong roms , i've read the word "ICE KEY" in both roms , and there was something in the Oot rom , too . But i didn't find anything like THAT in a rom !

OP
T

TaeWon

-Shadow- said:
Now THATS a weird occurance ! I can't see anything on the second image , what should it be ?

I saw something of that kind in the B-K and Donkey kong roms , i've read the word "ICE KEY" in both roms , and there was something in the Oot rom , too . But i didn't find anything like THAT in a rom !

This is from the Paper Mario ROM, for n64 (USA)

TheBench

? They're indexes to an image that just happens to be 0x10 or 0x20 across, depending on a nibble or byte per index.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
TaeWon? Is it a hacked version of the rom, because I don't think that's normal! Did you checked it with GoodN64? I have to look for it too.
Any other finding, but different then Shadows big ICE KEY! *lol*

-Shadow-

Banned
That's real ! There's really a mario pic in that rom ! BTW , that pic appears about 3 times near the adress of this one !

Btw , there's nothing like that in the (e) rom :(

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Probably there are some more roms with garbage data? Who knows?
And bigN always told us: "yeah another great release, only for you in a big ... Mbit cartridge..." *lol*
Liers...

Knuckles

Garbage data? I say Perfect Dark, full of old useless things from Goldeneye and other unused stuff (names/animations/textures/objects/etc.) :p

and they said they ran out of space and removed stuff.... ppfff!

OP
T

TaeWon

Well, its a non-hacked rom, no byte-order reversed or anything, plain simple v64 rom, from Paper Mario, there is several images in the rom, if you scroll down you will see all sorts of animated Marios, even Luigi there, your able to see, images such as "Numbers" (Joystick animated back-forth) etc, all Paper Mario images are uncompressed in this v64 rom, as far as i can tell

olivieryuyu

anybody is able to tell me what type of textures is used in supercross2000 for the pitch (you know where the textures are messing up with every gfx plugin) ?

SigmaXIX

woah! that's how they did it! i knew the graphics were kinda strange... but never figured it was a bunch of ANSI art.