What's new

A big Banjo-Tooie Problem

Nintendo3000

Zelda Gamer
Very Often When i play Banjo-Tooie the game just stops and the music still playing and it is very hard to play when it stops very often. Do someone knows how to fix it?:unsure:

Azule

I have this exact same problem. Ive played about 20 different games, ( all the popular N64 games) and none of em freeze up. Only banjo tooie. Too bad to since its prolly my fave platformer all time. If anyone knows of any settings that prevent these freeeze ups, please help out. Thanks

afaik theres nothing you can do to stop the random hang on the game. thats a known bug(in both 1964 and pj64) without a fix that i know of.

Last edited:
OP
Nintendo3000

Nintendo3000

Zelda Gamer
Do'h! 1964 and PJ64 is the best Emulators:(
2.PJ64
But it may come some new release that the bug is fixed:unsure:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1964 0.8.5 is the only emulator that I know that has no severe problems with this rom. Use Mupens Rsp plugin from Mupen (Obviously), schibo's audio plugin from 1964 0.9.9; Jabo's latest video plugin from project64 and any input plugin.

This set up does not randomly crash like on Project64 1.6 or contain the classic fire egg collision problem of 1964 0.9.9; Who says newer is better? :D

Also i've played Banjo-Tooie extensively with this setup and noticed no sound problems. Trust me i've put a lot of time on this and there is no better solution for the BT problems.

OP
Nintendo3000

Nintendo3000

Zelda Gamer
ScottJC said:
1964 0.8.5 is the only emulator that I know that has no severe problems with this rom. Use Mupens Rsp plugin from Mupen (Obviously), schibo's audio plugin from 1964 0.9.9; Jabo's latest video plugin from project64 and any input plugin.

This set up does not randomly crash like on Project64 1.6 or contain the classic fire egg collision problem of 1964 0.9.9; Who says newer is better? :D

Also i've played Banjo-Tooie extensively with this setup and noticed no sound problems. Trust me i've put a lot of time on this and there is no better solution for the BT problems.
But are they any way to dump textures and load hi-res textures with that plugins.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Nope but Banjo-Tooie has no texture packs so it is therefore moot, you can use rices plugin just fine though if you wish. 1964 0.8.5 is the core that I know has no problems with this game, video plugin wise you can use any. The latest jabo plugin supports all of this games graphic effects such as the jiqsaw puzzles (though a bit screwy on the edges, its still better than any other plugin)

ChaosEmerl

For some reason, when I load up Banjo Tooie in 0.8.5 with all of those plugins, it starts up with the right music, but instead of the intro screen, it shows some hill, and a lake, and no controls work, so you're basically stuck looking at water and listening to the intro song over and over again. Any idea what might be causing that? (For some reason, there was no option to choose which RSP plugin to use. It just had a checkbox, and I checked it. Not sure if that affects anything.)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
thats the purpose of mupens rsp plugin, rename it to rsp.dll and stick it in the plugins dir.

4real

As ScottJc has said the best option is 1964 version 8.5 but you could try any off the other methods on my faq.