What's new

60 fps?

JoyBoard

Hey Guys,

I'm currently using 1964 with Rice's 5.6.0 Video and Azimers 1.4 Sound Plug In.

My specs are the following:

P4 2.8ghz, 1gb RAM, Radeon 9700Pro

I assume that my specs are high enough to run some games at 60fps... But, to tell the truth, not a single game will run per 60 fps on my machine.

For example, Zelda: I load up the ROM, OSD = FPS, In-Game I get about 57 VI/S the whole time but the fps count is always at about 17-20 fps. It's also not really smooth... Is there a way to fire up some settings to get 60 fps?

minkster

JoyBoard said:
Hey Guys,

I'm currently using 1964 with Rice's 5.6.0 Video and Azimers 1.4 Sound Plug In.

My specs are the following:

P4 2.8ghz, 1gb RAM, Radeon 9700Pro

I assume that my specs are high enough to run some games at 60fps... But, to tell the truth, not a single game will run per 60 fps on my machine.

For example, Zelda: I load up the ROM, OSD = FPS, In-Game I get about 57 VI/S the whole time but the fps count is always at about 17-20 fps. It's also not really smooth... Is there a way to fire up some settings to get 60 fps?
hmmm... with your specs you should be able to get more than 60fps. you can always try jabos plugins from pj64 (they are the most compatible with any card). you can try lowering your resolution too for better results.

Allnatural

VI/s and fps are two different things. Most N64 games don't reach 60 fps; Zelda in particular should run ~20 fps.

Last edited:
OP
J

JoyBoard

Yeah, but aren't there some tricks to make the emulation a little smoother? Drawing every frame twice or something like that?

I mean, ZSnes also provides better framerates than the SNES initially did.

-Shadow-

Banned
You can try setting the counter factor lower , that makes some games run smoother , but attention , some games are jerking around with a too low counter factor ( like DKR ) . A lower counter factor also lowers loading times in some games ( MACE , B-T ) .

CanSee

Depressive freak
Zelda runs 20 - 25 fps originally, and for me, it was pretty good to play it that way on the N64, oughtnt u be happy that it runs faster than average, its probably harder to play at 50fps, 10 frames more dont really matter. Anyway, get Master Quest if its too easy (Just kiddin, I know its stupid that such an old game runs slower on ur PC than Quake3, but hey, thats emulation!)