Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YDG View Post
    Given that the models are a lot higher quality than the N64 version it can visually be the definitive version of the game, however a lot of design issues still persist with that version (though there's always hope for mods to fix these issues, as some already have been).
    All of the major issues with MM3D have been fixed now, even the song of time saving and the Odolwa and Twinmold fights. The mod author is patching up a few bugs but otherwise is basically done with the game: https://github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration

I've done a few textures for it and I'll be adapting the texture pack over once the 64 version is done. A lot of things will have to be redrawn from scratch or heavily reworked to fit in, but about 50% of the textures seem like they can be ported without much trouble. Some people on Discord have already ported some things over, like the shield texture (the sky is a new texture from scratch):

Citra unfortunately can't run ReShade with depth effects due to the way its depth buffer works, but GlideN64 is now fully compatible with it if you download the latest WIP build and turn on "copy depth to main buffer" in the framebuffer tab. You also need this special version of ReShade for the time being.

Last edited by Nerrel; September 2nd, 2019 at 18:35.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow I had no idea that mod has already come so far! Will definitely try it out over as soon as I get the chance.
    Happy to hear that so many of the textures you've made can just be slotted in, would love to see a complete texture pack for MM3D but the current 64 one is looking like more than I could ever ask for anyway.

Thanks for the ReShade info... that glossy clock town is just magical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i love pack but sky textures still wont load correctly in your pack and using the latest wip version gliden64 plugin

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great to see new updates. I wanted to try how Reshade is working now and it seems to be working better than before. However, I'm having a issue where the textures load in the start up and I get the messages of textures being loaded but the textures are not applied in game. I am using the PNG version.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoX View Post
    i love pack but sky textures still wont load correctly in your pack and using the latest wip version gliden64 plugin
    GlideN64 has a problem where the sky textures change depending on the hour. They'll load at certain hours of the day, and then as soon as the clock hits the next hour the sky suddenly shifts to a differently named set of textures. That shouldn't be happening, as the game obviously uses the same skybox throughout the day.

I could fix it by adding a duplicate skybox, but that would be a pretty big size increase and it wouldn't be easy to piece together and rename every individual texture. I'm waiting to see if Gonetz can fix it first, if not then I'll have to create the duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight45 View Post
    I'm having a issue where the textures load in the start up and I get the messages of textures being loaded but the textures are not applied in game. I am using the PNG version.
    Is the PNG folder 2GB in size? If you created your own HTC cache try deleting it

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Is the PNG folder 2GB in size? If you created your own HTC cache try deleting it"
    Yes it is 2GB. I have not created a HTC cache. I started with a clean install of Project 64. Was texture loading changed? Previously I was able to put a folder with the game's name and add textures with the proper name as the original texture's name and it will load.
    Last edited by Knight45; September 11th, 2019 at 01:56.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I reuploaded the PNG pack and a few people on Discord confirmed that it works, so try downloading again.

I'll try to get some more comparison pictures up once a few more areas get finished. The well basically has four textures and the castle grounds are nearly done as well.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The textures still don't load, it must be an issue with Project 64. What version of Project 64 do you use? The latest ones seem to not work for texture packs.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You're going to have to use the HTS version. The Ikana textures I've been adding have apparently spiked the memory use over 5GB, which means you either have to use the new dynamic loading option or use Mupen64. It shouldn't have anything to do with Project64, unless you've been using the stable release (2GB only) and not one of the new nightly builds (which can at least load 4GB).
    Last edited by Nerrel; Today at 00:32.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718