Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Majora's Mask N64HD Project

WIP Download- 4/23/19-

HTC version for the simplest loading (place HTC file in project64 2.3\plugin\GFX\cache):

Download both parts in the same directory and use 7-zip to extract the 001 file:
    Part one
    Part two

or

PNG version (not recommended due to extra steps):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YK...5q_twv-LRiewGc

This is a new GlideN64 texture pack I'm working on with the goal of faithfully updating the original game to serve as an alternative to Majora's Mask 3D for those who prefer the old gameplay. Here's a video overview followed by some more information:

None of the textures are necessarily final- here is the road map for the pack:

Environmental textures- I plan to finish all of the areas of the game by fall of this year

Character textures and model edits- I'll attempt to do some model editing to increase poly counts and remap the textures to allow for more detail. I'm not sure whether it will be possible to do anything drastic, but hopefully I'll be able to improve the main character models.

Second pass- Once every texture and character been addressed, I'll go through the game again and replace any textures that I feel could be improved (pretty much everything currently using a photo is likely to be hand drawn)

The screenshots above were using reshade in order to add ambient occlusion to the game; this greatly enhances the visuals, but comes at the cost of disabling framebuffer emulation and giving up some cutscenes. Hopefully in the future it may be possible to find a way around this, but if anyone is interested in trying it I've included instructions in the download above.

Thanks for looking, and be sure to let me know what you think. Any criticism is welcome
    Last edited by Nerrel; May 24th, 2019 at 03:57. Reason: New link