Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No need for apology, I"m a perfectionist with stuff like this, if its a bug within my power to fix, i always want to know.
    Good to hear. We need more members like you.

I just pretend to be a programmer!
    You play make believe very well.
    I've finished everything I wanted to accomplish with 1.7, including even random stuff I was too lazy to do before, like user input error handling, as well as some worst case scenario improbable bug scenarios. I don't want to fragment the top of the thread anymore, so let me know if there's any feature you can think of that's worth implementing before I release it.
    It is quite a mess up there but I can give you another post if you would like. Post #3 is the download location now but I could bump it down to #4. if you would like.
    As far a any other improvements I'm sure there are countless possibilities. Heck, you have already done so much and I would feel silly asking for any other features.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NES_player4LIFE View Post
    Good to hear. We need more members like you.

You play make believe very well.

It is quite a mess up there but I can give you another post if you would like. Post #3 is the download location now but I could bump it down to #4. if you would like.
    As far a any other improvements I'm sure there are countless possibilities. Heck, you have already done so much and I would feel silly asking for any other features.
    It is a mess up there. Maybe best would be if post 1 was for 1.7, 2 for 1.6, 3 for 1.5, and 4 for all archives. In posts 1-3 I will have the URL of the respective download links point to the archives attached to 4, removing existing archives from their posts. That should prevent any more issues with attachments I would think, and will give me the ability to clean it all up a bit. There are some interface changes in 1.7 as well as new features, so there will be new screenshots in its documentation.

As far as features, speak now or forever hold your peace, because 1.7's ready to go ! I'm sure there are countless possibilities, but if there is anything obviously useful that stands out in your mind, let me know.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTEX View Post
    @microdev (or anyone else who cares to weigh in!), are you aware of any cases where there is more than 1 texture per row in a background or title?
    Any skybox or backgrounds of Zelda Ocarina of Time, e.g. this one

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thanks @microdev. Ive never worked with skyboxes, but I'm assuming you have to play the game and move your characters field of view around to get all the numbers, right? If thats the case, then the current screenshot method for roboread wouldn't work

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTEX View Post
    ...to play the game and move your characters field of view around to get all the numbers, right? If thats the case, then the current screenshot method for roboread wouldn't work
    That's correct, Skybox would require 5 screenshots. The question then would be how to arrange them as there is no direction to define.
    Whose to say what; Left, Up, Top, Right, and Down would be. These directions are user defined by direction of travel.
    -NES
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Ok good, because in 1.7, when using roboread, I disabled skybox as an option

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Now let's think this through.
    To dump all textures from this rom you will need to use RiceVideo 4.4.

If there is way to add support for multiple screenshots but remove redundant textures from being read and translated to the text output code it may work.

How about if a user could compile a panorama of sorts? Would this help?
    User defined input. As they would know the angle to add, hopefully.
    Last edited by NES_player4LIFE; September 21st, 2015 at 02:35.
    -NES

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Now let's think this through. Here is A PD rom of Wii 64 (It's a skybox).
    To dump all textures from this rom you will need to use RiceVideo 4.4 or if you would like I have included them.

If there is way to add support for multiple screenshots but remove redundant textures from being read and translated to the text output code it may work.

How about if a user could compile a panorama of sorts? Would this help?
    User defined input. As they would know the angle to add, hopefully.
    @NES_player4LIFE Thanks for the files. I would love to add support for skyboxes but, for that to happen, I would need to write a brand new function from scratch as skyboxes are rendered in 3d space, not 2d, so there would be distortion in the angles of the textures in the screenshots... among several other factors. In short, it would be wildly more complicated, but not impossible! Maybe in v2.0 haha. Are you cool with my post above for the thread? If you can change it, I can release 1.7 and clean up the other top posts tonight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say necessarily say 3D as the skybox is only a folded selection of textures (origami cube)
    Thinking in the 4th dimension here. The Skybox is already supported we are just looking to find a shortcut.
    That short cut could be found, maybe not before 2.0; but I have hope.

Are you cool with my post above for the thread? If you can change it, I can release 1.7 and clean up the other top posts tonight.
    @CCTEX Your project, your thread. Tell me if you need me to do anything for you.

Below is an idea for multi-shot compiling.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NES_player4LIFE; September 21st, 2015 at 02:29.
    -NES

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say necessarily say 3D as the skybox is only a folded selection of textures (origami cube)
    Thinking in the 4th dimension here. The Skybox is already supported we are just looking to find a shortcut.
    That short cut could be found, maybe not before 2.0; but I have hope.

@CCTEX Your project, your thread. Tell me if you need me to do anything for you.

Below is an idea for multi-shot compiling.
    Well yes, the textures are laid out in a 2d orientation, but when rendered by the virtual camera in an emulator, the z dimension is added for depth, causing distortion like the attached screenshot from the files you sent me for example

To the thread, I was referring to this post above, I will do all the clean up, I just need you to add a post on top, and change the name of the thread to 1.7.

It is a mess up there. Maybe best would be if post 1 was for 1.7, 2 for 1.6, 3 for 1.5, and 4 for all archives. In posts 1-3 I will have the URL of the respective download links point to the archives attached to 4, removing existing archives from their posts. That should prevent any more issues with attachments I would think, and will give me the ability to clean it all up a bit. There are some interface changes in 1.7 as well as new features, so there will be new screenshots in its documentation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast