EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Paper Mario and DKR

Hello all, mollymutt here. I finally decided to release my paper mario and diddy kong racing packs, People have been asking for these for a long time, but I was reluctant to do so because I didn't get the OK from my contributors. Well it's years later, and I haven't heard from any of the other people who worked on the packs, so I'm saying "what the hell". Neither of these packs are finished, but they represent many many hours of work, and I figure someone should get to see the work that was done. My thanks go out to those who helped me make these packs what they are.
    http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1369/
    http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1370/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was one of those people who asked you for it

Thanks a lot for this man, I'm gonna check it out!

Awesome to be able to play the classics these days, using GlideN64 and great high-res texturepacks such as these. Good times for us N64 emu-enthusiasts!
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k @4.2ghz
    GPU: ASUS GTX 780 @1140/6600
    SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500gb
    PSU: Corsair CS750M
    CASE: Lian-Li PC-Q08 CASE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymutt View Post
    Hello all, mollymutt here. I finally decided to release my paper mario and diddy kong racing packs, People have been asking for these for a long time, but I was reluctant to do so because I didn't get the OK from my contributors. Well it's years later, and I haven't heard from any of the other people who worked on the packs, so I'm saying "what the hell". Neither of these packs are finished, but they represent many many hours of work, and I figure someone should get to see the work that was done. My thanks go out to those who helped me make these packs what they are.
    http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1369/
    http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1370/
    DKR is one of my top ten all time favorites for 64, look forward to checking out your pack. What major parts aren't finished?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow, it's been so long since I messed with this at all. I know after a million failed attempts to fully retexture the wheels, I know that they're not done. That goes with props and boat fans. You need to use the debug version of the emu to allow for frame by frame, so you can get figure out the rotation correctly. I think the majority of the tracks are done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emusa View Post
    I was one of those people who asked you for it

Thanks a lot for this man, I'm gonna check it out!

Awesome to be able to play the classics these days, using GlideN64 and great high-res texturepacks such as these. Good times for us N64 emu-enthusiasts!
    Both of these packs were made in rice. I nevercould get glide to work with the sub par pc I had at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn the water in the initial hub world of DKR looks absolutely amazing, shame the lake nearby uses a different set of textures, because that looks mind blowingly good.

I like this game way too much, I keep coming back to it trying to tinker with textures here and there over the years, never get enough done worth posting before I give up, really wish they'd just remake this game, it has so much charm.

Thanks for sharing this!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks. I had a program on my old pc that made animated textures. I was really happy the way they came out too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Diddy Kong Racing Wheel Animation

This isn't a working texture pack that I'm uploading below, I decided to post in this thread as it's the most relevant to Diddy Kong Racing, I was going enhance the wheels for the karts and release a pack for it, but my PJ64 just randomly stopped loading 90% of my texture pack, and nothing I've tried has fixed the problem, it now just loads random trees and flowers, so in frustration I'm just giving up.

Below is a 99% complete dump of the wheel animation from Diddy Kong Racing DS, which is actually one of very few textures in that version of the game that is leaps and bounds higher quality than the N64 version. The wheel animation in N64 DKR has 61 textures, whereas this DS dump has 60 textures, so one is one missing, it includes the N64 wheel animation dump as well.

In the chance someone wants to try and make the conversion, these textures are a great place to start, if I ever get Rice to work with PJ64 again I may give this another shot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I made a 3ds max model for the wheels. That wasn't the problem. The problem is the way they're animated. I could never quite get the rotation 100% correct. It was really frustrating.and it certainly one of the main reasons I stopped the pack. I knew that the propellers and boat fans were going to be just as frustrating.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @Mollymutt, mind if i back th ese up onto my mediafire account?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    go ahead