Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fixed the missing buttons

To date I have created / corrected 69 different textures, imported another 100 from Federelli's pack, added in textures by MikeZilla and Bighead / Ronin from this forum, and have a friend who's started assisting me. We're up to 811 new / fixed textures.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hi VinnyC if you would like to upload just your corrected textures id be glad to include it in this texture pack.

It's great to see that people are still dedicated to improving Ocarina of time. Makes me keen to try my hand at re-texturing again.

I'm fairly sure I have a bunch of improvements I made in my copy that are in the current uploaded version.

Hopefully I'll have some time after work over the next few nights to dig it back out and maybe do some work as well.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death--droid View Post
    Hi VinnyC if you would like to upload just your corrected textures id be glad to include it in this texture pack.

It's great to see that people are still dedicated to improving Ocarina of time. Makes me keen to try my hand at re-texturing again.

I'm fairly sure I have a bunch of improvements I made in my copy that are in the current uploaded version.

Hopefully I'll have some time after work over the next few nights to dig it back out and maybe do some work as well.

I've played up through obtaining the 3rd spiritual stone and have fixed / created as many textures as I could find along the way. At this time I've got a total of 1015 new / fixed textures. This includes fixes for missing menu items, map locations, buttons, and lots of environmental things here and there. I'll provide a link when I feel I'm at a good stopping point. Right now I have a good pace going and don't want to provide a partially completed pack.

The Great Gunblade Wielder squall_leonhart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
    Any reason my "Press Start" is so hideous with the v7 pack?

Also, real quick, out of 4239 PNG files in the v7 pack only 4020 are actually being cached. I can provide a list of the PNG files that fail to cache to whoever would find it helpful. A lot of them are in the Fish Pond, Forest Temple, Hylia Laboratory, and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not sure why but some of the interiors either aren't loading for me completely, or they have this grid effect. I'm using Project64 2.3.2.202 with RiceVideo 0.4.4 RELEASE. I've tried deleting the cache file and having it rebuild it but it seems to keep having the same issues.

C is missing from certain instructional menus

So is A, and i'm not sure what other ones

Some hanging vines in Deku Tree are not present, looks like it loads a different texture, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#E2332BBF#0#2_all.png

Map menu is missing icons for floor levels. In addition, the "Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly" is wrong

Save Game screen is missing the texture

What's going on with the tops of these trees?

So, what I'm attempting to do currently is use powershell to compare and combine a few texture packs into one major one that's more complete. The v7 pack is a great starting point, but having just completed the Deku Tree and left Kokiri Forest, there are already over 1000 textures dumped. I'm having powershell compare file names of the dumped textures to the names of textures in Federelli's pack. If it finds a match, it copies in the texture from Federelli's pack. So far, this has corrected a number of the issues I've identified above, though not all. The only real way to do this thoroughly would be to complete the game and comb through the majority of areas to see everything that's dumped.

Here are a few examples

I already had that P and A fixed in the SourceForge repo for the CTP, along with the fixes for the zelda logo text, and some characters,

As for the indoors area's, these use a Glide64/Gliden64 specific stiching method that Rice Video doesn't support, I honestly recommend GlideN64 over Rice in general because its alot further along, and doesn't have some of the framebuffer effect problems that Rice is still known to have, such as the broken background of the Save screen, this is a framebuffer write/read effect.

Also going by memory, Federelli doesn't permit merging his work into other packs,
    and wasn't the "use that C" icon only specific to GCN versions of the game?
    Last edited by squall_leonhart; March 8th, 2020 at 13:47.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone considered porting these textures to Ocarina of Time 3D in Citra? It now has texture support.

High resolution textures on low polycount models can look a little jarring at times on the N64.

There is already an upscaled 3DS texture pack, but it retains the look of the 3DS version which is too bright and colorful. If we ported the N64 Community Texture pack to the 3DS version, it would retain the original N64 look but with way higher polycount and would look amazing.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm having a strange issue with the sky in Hyrule Field; The individual textures that make up the sky are all separated by a white grid around the textures. This happens with both day and night, but not the transition from day to night. An image of the night cycle from the opening credits is linked. https://i.imgur.com/y3JhEpK.png

EDIT: Figured out why, the game uses 256x256 textures to make up the sky. Somehow, the textures included in this pack does not fill the 256x256 pixel tile, leading to those white areas without any texture. My theory is that this can be fixed by simply opening every texture file in paint and stretching the texture to fill the full 256x256 space. I'll edit this post once I've finished to show the results.
    Last edited by MHunter280; June 22nd, 2020 at 21:20. Reason: Adding the Imgur link as a direct link, rather than adding it as an image

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @MHunter280 download the latest GLideN64 build. https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjob...r_Project64.7z

-NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526