What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

So how about some Jabo packs for widescreen?

TimmyP2

Rice and Glide do not support true widescreen geometry. This stretches the games and completely ruins the beauty of the texture packs, especially both zelda games.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
If we had a convertor we could transfer the existing pack to the Jabo format.
Alas, the only known converter was lost during the Megaupload take down. :(

OP
T

TimmyP2

I should add that on my last playthrough (~2 years ago) I was able to find two great-looking texture packs for both Zelda games in Jabo format on some Spanish forum.

I took a couple dozen things from the big packs like trees, bushes, items and converted them manually. I also painstakingly dumped, smoothed out, inserted the sky textures into the pack (low-res sky did not look right with high-res everything else).

I would post them if its okay. The only work I did was on the sky, and I just ran it through a blur filter.

Couple true-widescreen pics.
  Spoiler:

Hu0HGZZ.jpg

qevnG73.jpg

This game was meant for widescreen.

Last edited by a moderator: