What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Super Mario 64 limitations

BrendanBeckmann

I'm obviously new to the high-resolution textures scene, but I though it was so amazing that you could make old games look so much better, so I set off to start my own project. The one thing I've noticed about SM64 texture projects is Mario tends to stick out when people use HD textures. Is it possible to edit his textures or rather the textures of his clothing? I know Toad's Tool can edit the colors of Mario, but I haven't seen any clothing texture mods for him. Thanks!

Clements

Mario himself only has a few textures, such as his eyes, M logo and such. His clothes are flat shaded and not textured, so can't be replaced using a plugin supporting the loading of hi-res textures. To introduce textures to Mario's clothing would need some pretty advanced romhacking.

OP
B

BrendanBeckmann

Damn, that sucks.

Would the same rule apply for the environment outside of Peach's castle? I noticed that the bridge shares its textures with a greyscale image that is shaded green by the ROM for the unclimbable mountains. Is it possible to give them seperate textures or would that require advanced ROM hacking?

F

Fanatic 64

Damn, that sucks.

Would the same rule apply for the environment outside of Peach's castle? I noticed that the bridge shares its textures with a greyscale image that is shaded green by the ROM for the unclimbable mountains. Is it possible to give them seperate textures or would that require advanced ROM hacking?

I think the bridge and those climbs are separated textures. But if they are the same, then no, you can't give them separate textures.