0 Post(s)

Super Mario 64 (MU-TH-UR)

Emulation64

Download Link (Mirror 1)
    Download Link (Mirror 2)
    Download Link (Mirror 3)

Old description
      Spoiler:

I intended to post this when it was finished but since i don't have the time to continue the project for the time being, i decided to post it as is.

And even in its current state, some of the textures i made are obsolete (they're rather placeholders).. made them before i could find a style that i like, so i'll change them in the future (especially the bridges... that are made out of smss and smg1/2 textures).
    However, the Fortress has some SMG textures and there's even a color theme (a variation) with the warmer smg2 colors

i could really use the help of people knowing a thing or two about 3d modelling. Except for the lava land, i think most of the paintings can be made with smg1/2 models.
    For level one you just need to put some bob-ombs in a smg level,place the camera at the same angle as in the painting and light it properly.
    The fortress... just remove the characters from the smg2 level and render it. I really suck at 3d (didn't even manage to smooth out the coins i imported from smg2, or the trees). When i imported the fortress, the colors were all horribly wrong, no lightning...

The spinning (red and silver) stars at the title screen are miss aligned and i could use someone's help centering them, if anyone's willing to help PM for the 2048px version

Some files have a few variations (like a less grainy tree texture, the yellow-orange font even includes the smg1/2 one) but besides the fortress color theme, i removed all variations from this release. Some of the files will be available at 2048px or 4096px in the final version. Should glide 64 be able to ever force full transparency in SM64, i'll redo the textures that could really use full transp.

I still didn't manage to find a proper water texture (and i tried a lot of them), the ones i used are all placeholders. I would do the rest of the skyboxes but it was a pain in the ass mapping the lowest placed tiles/pieces.
    Though the project is about 50% finished i have retextured lots of texture missing completely from other "complete projects".
    Last edited by razius; June 12th, 2012 at 16:00.
    SPM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Older screenshots

Original Message (April 19th, 2012 at 22:47) hidden as spoiler since the screenshots attached to it were replaced and now missing.
      Spoiler:

These are a few textures from February, so some i replaced some of them meanwhile.

The Tall tall mountain textures are placeholders you won't find in the pack (they're textures from rayman origins).

This is an older Fortress version with textures from smss and smg... obsolete.
    Last edited by razius; June 24th, 2012 at 10:17.
    SPM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks pretty good so far, I especially like the Barb Wire fence texture, the only thing I don't really like is the Hud Power-bar it looks a bit unprofessional compared to other textures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottJC View Post
    Looks pretty good so far, I especially like the Barb Wire fence texture, the only thing I don't really like is the Hud Power-bar it looks a bit unprofessional compared to other textures
    Is this better?

Spoiler:

Alternate gallery in JPG format with blue (#0173b1) background

Can you give me a reference as to how it should look like? I tried to keep it as close to the original as possible but i had to replace the wooden mario head border since there was no way that was going to fly without full transparency. Also, due to the transparency issue, the border has to be black or else it would look really horrible on darker backgrounds (thus the black, not the silver metallic SMG style of the powerhud/health meter).

As for the "POWER" word (it's there just because the original had it)...it can be simply removed by replacing the two textures with two empty ones, that's the way i like it.
    I like minimal stuff a lot, from music (be it classical, electronic, rock) to design and video games controls. That's what i like about halo, gears of war: everything's as simple as possible but not simpler than that... and that's also the reason mario 64 is still better than smg1/2 imho (control wise because the level design it's breathtaking in smg): the spinning ruins the fluidity of the platforming acrobatics. Opposed to the crappy spinning, mario sunshine's fludd enhanced the acrobatics by giving you speed, height, floating (and smss also introduced the wall slide which is a great addition but some walls that would not allow you to slide would b welcomed, so you'll have to wall jump the sm64 style)... worked way better than the spinning but that's all fludd shoud have been used for (enhancing acrobatics), not force you to use it most of the game... That's one of the main reasons i never got addicted to smss, it was all about the fludd. That's also why i enjoyed the fluddless levels a lot: platforming at its best.
    Last edited by razius; April 21st, 2012 at 12:55.
    SPM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    None of those attachments seem to work, weird.

I think I screwed up though, I was looking at your older screenshots when I said that and I missed the title that said 'older screenshots' =P Sorry. Newer one with the green looks fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update 1 progress (this far)

Update 1
    Content: Whomp's Fortress (complete), Shifting Sand Land (complete)
    Release date: TBA

Wallpaper (model from smg2, textures from the upcoming update). The wallpaper is 1080 native cinemascope (2592x1080).

Replaced the SMG textures (stones and ground) with brand new ones made from scratch, more detailed but as close to them as possible.
    New textures

SMG textures

Spoiler:

Last edited by razius; May 16th, 2012 at 03:35.
    SPM

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like the style you chose on the stones, it's a winner.
    They aren't aligned with the stones in the wall though,
    but you probably knew that. Looking forward to the
    next update!