What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Harvest Moon64 textures, but I'm not messing with them

Traveler

Retired~NoviceTexture~Edi tor
Hey Harvest Moon fans, I just want to tell all of you: I've been collecting Harvest Moon Textures, once I'm done organising the files I'll make a zipfolder and give it away to who ever wants to mess with the HM64 textures, because well its like a level 10 jigsaw puzzle... And I'm not quite good at jigsaw puzzles:term:

The Collection->
HM64Textures.JPG

You Folder->
You%20folder.JPG

Last edited:

bluedart

That's a nice aggregation of dumped textures you've compiled. I actually did a little texturing work on this game at one point. I didn't get very far, because I couldn't think of an elegant way of accurately portraying the main character as he goes about his daily chores. Every one of his actions having several textures associated with it; I never did much care for sprite creation. I did manage to texture the main menu though, using a cartoon rendering of sakura that I found online as the background in lieu of the usual checkered pattern. I also hand-drew a few of the tools and colored them in, but that's about as far as I went.

hmpause0.jpg

The actual "jigsaw-puzzlery" isn't all that difficult thanks to a photoshop plugin called "Hi-Res Easer." I highly suggest you look it up - I couldn't have developed any backgrounds without it.

OP
Traveler

Traveler

Thats great! I mean it looks really nice. I'm new to the tiny puzzles that fills in the giant picture, but if I was good at it, I was going to add some wild flowers hidden in the flatgrass. I was going to also try to replace his cap with hair (make it look like its been combed down), do some sprucing up here and there "You know just make some things appear to have little more realism in it". That's nice, but I don't use photoshop and never have.. But I'll look into it.

By the way, do you know any differences between these files in the folders:
file%20dump.JPG

I change some pictures and it doesn't do anything when I load it in the HiRe texture folder.

But its not just Harvest moon, I have the same trouble in other games like Zelda and Megaman64

Last edited:

bluedart

Whenever I dump textures, I only pay attention to the "ci_by_png" and the "png_all" folders. In every situation thus far the textures in those two folders have been, for my purposes, all-inclusive. I believe the other three folders simply have different image file types of the png folder textures. I'm sure there are ways to edit and use those other textures, but the png files are definitely easier to deal with.

OP
Traveler

Traveler

I see, thanks. I'll try it out, but if it doesn't work on certian games perhaps. There must be more to it like, perhaps the other files are more like 'layers' that stacks up ontop each other; making a more stronger version of the picture.

OP
Traveler

Traveler

Hey, Traveler are you still working on getting all these textures together?

:chinese:To close-up this thread. No. I had to focus on serious real life problems, and make sure I focus on these `matters more so I deleted all my hardwork (of texture changes). And as of today I don't have much regret, however, unless someone has made a way to permanently change the textures in the rom; so it can be played onto the Wii64 emulator. I prolly won't really bother with it, til then. I'm fine with how things are.