What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Super Mario Kart - Mario Kart 64 Retexture (BFrancois)

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
Super Mario Kart is a High Resolution Textures Pack (RiceVideo) for Mario Kart 64 in the style of Super Mario Kart SNES.
Karts, menus, maps and Hud are retextured (Wario is not remplaced by Koopa).
ZIP file includes 16000+ PNG files and 1964Video r94.

Download :

Super Mario Kart 64 v1.0 - 16323 textures - 20mb (114 MB) :
- https://emulationking.com/bfrancois-mario-kart-64/ (.7z) (Please use winrar or 7zip to extract)
- http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=204 (.ZIP)
- Emulation64.com\textures archive.

Videos :

Screenshots :

menu-1.jpg

menu-2.jpg

menu-4.jpg

1-1a.jpg

1-2b.jpg

1-3b.jpg

1-4b.jpg

2-1c.jpg

2-2b.jpg

2-3b.jpg

2-4a.jpg

3-1f.jpg

3-2b.jpg

3-3a.jpg

3-4b.jpg

4-1b.jpg

4-2b.jpg

4-3b.jpg

4-4a.jpg

More screenshots : http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=forum3&action=voir&topic=20509

( Sorry for my english :teehee: )

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
wow great news!!!
i will play this as soon as it comes out!!!:)

quick idea will you make the [?] boxes a yellow cube with a '?' on it ?

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Wow! Came from nowhere and is already nearly done and is looking incredible.
I really wonder, how many work it was to replace all the different animations of the drivers.
I only see one "problem": due to the smaller size of the SNES characters, it's sometimes hard to estimate how to hit other characters with the stars and to see when they're small because of the lightning.

OP
BFrancois

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
Indeed, it is one of the disadvantages of the pack, but it was too difficult and too long to combine each time the two textures of the kart.

kart.PNG

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Sorry, forget to ask in my previous post: did you test this pack with 1964video and Glide64? Since Rice is kinda outdated and had some serious bugs.
And is this pack only compatible to the (E) version? Because the (E) version was slowed down compared to the (U) release.

OP
BFrancois

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
I have just tested, the pack seems to work with (U) release :)

1964VideoR67 is the plugin that offers the best display with my pack.
I have just a few bugs in the menus :

Glide64 doesn't work very well with my videocard/computer, so i haven't tested.

Last edited:
OP
BFrancois

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
I can't enlarge karts.
If karts are too big, the bottom of textures/karts is missing in the game...

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Idk man seems kinda pointless to downgrade the graphics of this game
Hello, mr. negative! It's because we can, and it's fun! It is to change the style of the whole game to fit something else, in this case Mario Kart for the SNES. It creates a whole new experience. Those who have played the original before, gets to experience the game all over again, in a way. And those who played the SNES title, will surely enjoy this. I think it looks great, and i think i will give it a try.

Please excuse me if i don't make sense, i am VERY tired. And it's 08.08 in the morning. And i have to stay up all day. Damn..

OP
BFrancois

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
Hello !

I have decided to replace Koopa by Wario.
About 1500 files have been replaced (karts, menus, hud, etc. ...).

Video : Wario / Moo Moo Farm:

I gotta agree, this is a downgrade. I was glad to see someone working on this game but now that I see what is being done I'd rather not use this. :/

Thanks for taking the time to attempt to make the game better, but I'll pass.

Last edited:
OP
BFrancois

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
I don't think this is a downgrade because the game is more beautiful than the original (look at the screens on the first page).
However, I can understand that some people don't like the style.

Predator82

You should stay with koopa (when you name it a super mario kart pack) or you take both in the pack and the user take the one he wants

OP
BFrancois

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
Yes, I could upload 2 packs : Wario / Koopa ;)

The problems with Koopa are :
- I can't remove/replace the voices of Wario. It's annoying...
- We must patch the game to replace Wario by Koopa (otherwise "Wario" will appear in the race results and lap records)