What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Best Settings for Djipi's Cell Mods

Kosaine

So I've been a long time lurker for this site and and probably a bit too obsessed with emulation. I have never actually posted before and I believe that I should probably make my first thread.

Let's be honest here, a big portion of us are looking to install Djipi's Cell Mod with optimal results, and there hasn't been a thread posted on what plugins with which settings should be used for the best balance of performance and quality (to my knowledge anyway, oh boy here comes the flames..).

"Texture Pack" Tutorials: http://goo.gl/sRDkT

So to kick off the thread, I'll go first with my configuration, which I believe is best for maximum quality.

Emulator

Project64 Version 1.7 beta

I've tried 1964 v1.1 and the latest revision of 1.0 and both seemed to lack the performance that Project64 1.7 has. If you don't have access to the 1.7 beta you can download version 1.6 here: http://goo.gl/ralKf

Plugins

Video: Glide64 'Napalm WX' release 1
Download: http://goo.gl/3XOwO

It looks great, and in my opinion the easiest plugin to configure for high resolution textures. You really just check rice format and SC3T and you're good to go. It also supports widescreen (upscaling though I believe) and all sorts of texture filters.

Audio: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
Download: http://goo.gl/owfg9

This plugin just sounds great. I've never had any problems with it in LoZ OoT, but I've had occasional crackling in MM.

Input: N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 2.2 beta
Download: http://goo.gl/zBV7x

I use a Xbox 360 game pad when I emulate N64 and N-Rage's plugin seems to do the trick.

ROM Type

It's recommended to use the (E) version of the rom so that all of the textures will fully load. When playing with (U) or (GC) versions not all of the textures will load properly. However, this will also cap your refresh rate at 50hz. On a computer monitor you'll be used to 60hz and chances are this will be quite noticeable and especially so if you played the NA version first. It may not bother you, however, so you should definitely test it out multiple versions yourself to see what you prefer. However if you cannot stand the 50hz (like me) I'd recommend using the (GC) (U) version as it has a lot of changes plus an internal resolution increase to 640x480.(source= http://goo.gl/C8NqG).

Last edited:
OP
K

Kosaine

Settings

Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
98xzp.png

Glide64 'Napalm WX' release 1

zsTYP.png

NEJhk.png

6xsBJ.png

Last edited:

Scott123456

Where do I need to install the texture packs?

I managed to do it with the rice plugin, I figured the same spot would work.

OP
K

Kosaine

Where do I need to install the texture packs?

I managed to do it with the rice plugin, I figured the same spot would work.

Once you download the texture pack, for example Djipi's cell mod for zelda, you have to extract the file using 7zip to your Hires_Texture folder.

To give you an easier understanding,

Here is my folder path:

C:\Emulation\N64\Project64 1.7\Plugin\GFX\Hires_Texture\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

If you're using Project 64 Version 1.6, it will look like this:

C:\Emulation\N64\Project64 1.6\Plugin\Hires_Textures\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Scott123456

OK, I have it working,t hanks. (I had the glide plugin not in the same directory as rice, hence the problem)

However, the widescreen mode is not working properly. I set it to force 16x9. At any of the 16x9 resolutions, therse a black bar at the top and bottom. The visuals look a little squished too.

Im using project64 1.7, if that helps

OP
K

Kosaine

I'm not sure how it works on Rice, in fact I recommend using Glide Napalm WX instead. On glide to fix that issue you're having you just have to uncheck 'Use alpha channel fully'

Scott123456

I am using glide. As per your directive, I am selecting rice for format.(under texture enhancement>format) If I dont select rice, it will not load high res textures

I've tried checking and unchecking the feature you've mentioned. It does not appear to do anything.

Anyway, this is pretty badass so far. lol. Apparently jabo's plugin isnt compatible with any current texture packs. I'm hoping to use glide in its place for 16:9/high res textures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

panzeroceania

I get this error, can anyone help me?

Exception

CN64System::LoadFileImage - Exception caught
File D:\My Programs\Emulation\Project64\Source\Project64\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp
Line: 372

EDIT:

now I'm having this error, I am on Project64 1.7 latest beta with Aristotle and Mudlord Rice plugin.

Exception

Exception caught
File: D:\My Programs\Emulation\Project64\Source\Project64\N64 System\C Core\C Core Interface.cpp
Line: 355

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
There's a official 1.7 support board on http://forum.pj64-emu.com/.
If you legally own the version 1.7, go there and ask your questions. It's specialized for beta/alpha questions.
Most exceptions came from the hacked beta release iirc.

OP
K

Kosaine

I get this error, can anyone help me?

Exception

File D:\My Programs\Emulation\Project64\Source\Project64\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp

EDIT:

now I'm having this error, I am on Project64 1.7 latest beta with Aristotle and Mudlord Rice plugin.

Exception

Exception caught
File: D:\My Programs\Emulation\Project64\Source\Project64\N64 System\C Core\C Core Interface.cpp
Line: 355

Use the plugins I specified in the first post and you wont have any problem like that.

iFlaXify

I'm also having errors, when i load the game and textures are being loaded. Almost when it's done the errors pop up.

Unknown x86 opcode 8A
System location: 44CB62
Location in N64 Space: C9C4691

Then after that error i get

Exeption

I'm using the plugins you specified.

Edit : I fixed it, weird.. It works perfect with PJ 1.6 but not PJ 1.7. Shame since i like 1.7 more.

Last edited:

vezix

hmm............ i keep get a problem..... when u know if u play zelda oot djipi ........ u see the road........ but mine still have a problem....... it doesn't load 100%......