What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Rice Plugin gives error when trying to load hi textures

errorjack

Well everytime I try to load the textures, it says "Hires texture does not support extreme texture replication". How can I fix this.

OP
E

errorjack

"Hires texture does not support extreme texture replication"
Well that is a issue with the plugin not being able to load the specified texture to the target because it is a to large you could try using this plugin which is just a newer versoion of rice video http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/downloads/detail?name=1964Video.dll

I am using Project 64, do I still put it in my plugin folder because it looks like it's for 1964 emu.

EDIT: I used the plugin on project 64 and it still doesn't load the textures. If I try to open the rom in 1964, it just closes.

"One more thing, How can I make all the text in the select map thing english?"
What game are you talking about?

I am talking about Legend of Zelda OOT Debug rom.

EDIT: I got the menu english

I want custom textures to work :'(

Last edited:

Gamemaster1379

I had a similar issue that you had with mine. It worked fine for me on XP, but not Windows 7 or in any compatibility mode. Try http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/ Read through the instructions on loading hi-res textures. I recommend this far over Rice. More choices, better quality, and it doesn't mess up the camera modes on some games that Rice will.

OP
E

errorjack

I had a similar issue that you had with mine. It worked fine for me on XP, but not Windows 7 or in any compatibility mode. Try http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/ Read through the instructions on loading hi-res textures. I recommend this far over Rice. More choices, better quality, and it doesn't mess up the camera modes on some games that Rice will.

Well when I put the plugins in the plugins folder in project 64, it says that it can't find it.

OP
E

errorjack

Nvm, I got it loading and searched how to get Textures working and nothing :/

death--droid

Errorjack you topic is still right near the top. You have no need to bump it.
Oh yeah this forum isn't very active so don't expect much help.

One thing that might help is what textures are you trying to load in.

OP
E

errorjack

Errorjack you topic is still right near the top. You have no need to bump it.
Oh yeah this forum isn't very active so don't expect much help.

One thing that might help is what textures are you trying to load in.

I already tried few but the one I have now is the Wind Waker textures that someone made.

death--droid

No one is going to be able to help you unless you point us to the texture pack you have being attempting to use.
Anyway from the sounds of it we won't be able to help you no matter what.

Also it will help if you post your system information like CPU/Ram/Graphics Card

microdev

BUMP FOR TEH HELP

As DD already stated, in case you want help:

1. please post:
  • your operating system
  • what emulator are you using
  • the path at which you placed your texture pack
  • the filename of any texture of the texture pack (for determining the plugin, the pack has been made for)

2. assure that you uncompressed (unzipped) the pack

3. be kind. "Please" doesn't hurt in case of a request & insults won't bring you any further.

microdev

OP
E

errorjack

As DD already stated, in case you want help:

1. please post:
  • your operating system
  • what emulator are you using
  • the path at which you placed your texture pack
  • the filename of any texture of the texture pack (for determining the plugin, the pack has been made for)

2. assure that you uncompressed (unzipped) the pack

3. be kind. "Please" doesn't hurt in case of a request & insults won't bring you any further.

microdev

Wow no help at all... Why would I use Vista, I always use Windows XP, I put it the SAME place the tut told me to. As I said, I said Project 64. Umm I am not stupid so I know to unrar/unzip it..

God, Read the posts.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
you get help when you post the correct information.

you have failed at doing so, which makes it obviously difficult to assist.

OP
E

errorjack

you get help when you post the correct information.

you have failed at doing so, which makes it obviously difficult to assist.

Well I don't need to do EVERY single detail. I posted what happens that happens and what I used in few posts. I just want to get these textures working >:'(

OP
E

errorjack

we need every detail so we can work out your problem. carry on like that and you wont get anywhere.

The few posts on the 1st page tell everything. Then you come just look at the 1st post and say that's not enough.

Also it will help if you post your system information like CPU/Ram/Graphics Card

I got 1.5GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

Last edited:

microdev

Wow no help at all... Why would I use Vista, I always use Windows XP, I put it the SAME place the tut told me to. As I said, I said Project 64. Umm I am not stupid so I know to unrar/unzip it..

God, Read the posts.

Well, as I stated before, arrogance & offence don't make anyone help you.

If I am asking these things I don't do it for making fun of you. It's a systematic approach for locating the source of your problem. If you don't want help, don't ask. But if you want someone to help you, you have to follow our approach.

Thus, if you want help, answer my questions. It's as simple as that.

microdev