What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Homemade Textures Will Not Show Up On Screen

Kine

I recently discovered these hires textures for N64 games a few days ago. I was quickly convinced that I wanted to make some textures of my own. I had never used Photoshop, so I started off with the opening scene to Conkers Bad Fur Day to get some practice.

I dumped the textures using Rice’s 6.11 plugin because Napalm 1.2 didn't have the option and I plan on using Napalm to run conkers (It works best for me, and all of Rice's and Mudlords make the character turn to the left in multiplayer). There is a hires option in Glide and I know it is loading them (Rice loads them as well), but the textures I made from the dumps (maintained proper name, Used 8x size ratio, proper placement, etc.) will not load on PJ64 or 1964.

Does anyone know why these textures fail show up on screen even though the emulator shows them initially loading? I've searched many places but I can't find an solution. Help is appreciated.

Below Are Links, I can't attach them for some reason.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EABYNS5Thttp://www.mediafire.com/file/k2qzmmqtgzm/Conker Textures.rar

OP
K

Kine

Thanks guys, Im gonna go with the Napalm plugin, no sign of the turning problem with it, and the textures load. :) Now, time for more texturing, I'll update when I have some real textures finished.

X-Fi6

And also, whenever dumping textures with Rice, always make sure you leave Full TMEM Emulation ON.

But now that the Texture editing mode is back in, generally you should stick with Glide64 instead of Rice Video.

OP
K

Kine

For some reason I can't get Glide to display all the textures, and Rice will not display them all either. Rice will display some that Glide won't and Vice Versa. Any siggestions are helpful, the files can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzdyjintztd. They are only for the opening chainsaw scene, and for Colours on multiplayer.

Also I need some help, I can't decide which of the following I should use , these are the flag holes in colours multiplayer, which one do you think would be best? Or should I just merge all three?

FlagHoleRed2.png
FlagHoleRed1.png
CONKERBFD1F02DBCA21ECB68DFD_ciByRGB.png

FlagHoleGreen2.png
FlagHoleGreen1.png
CONKERBFD1EA67B83214B1DC503_ciByRGB.png

Last edited:

mode7

good work - the second ones are good - try to use lighting effects and the color match to get a more faithful result.

OP
K

Kine

Hey, thanks, I never knew there was a match colour feature, as I said I'm new, it's a great tool. Also, how did you get the texture of your photo so... pronounced, it kind of looks like the plastic wrap filter, but I dont think it is. The lighting seems to be a bit trickey for me rite now, I'll have to watch a turorial some time.

CONKERBFD1EA67B83214B1DC503_ciBy-1.png

Last edited:

mode7

I used lighting effects for mine.
Render - Lighting effects - used a omni light and the red channel fot texture - you could even paint an extra texture channel and get the pins right.

Normally these effects are a bad choice for tiling textures but here it works pretty well.

OP
K

Kine

I cannot get all the textures from one pack to display with one single plugin, see below. Why is this, are there any soutions?

TextureDisplay.png

TextureDisplay2.png