What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The N64 emulation Texture-Replacement Wiki

mode7

I'd like to announce there is now a Wiki wich should contain all the information found on the board in a clearly arranged manner.

Special thanks goes to Violineb for hosting the Wiki!

It is called The N64 emulation Texture-Replacement Wiki

http://iustrings.com/n64tex/doku.php?id=start

I already added some content and downloads but there is still a lot missing, so lets all work together to make this worth visiting.

There's alo a possibility to present your own Project, like I have done with the OoT Community Project.

UPDATE: Since the opening of http://www.n64redux.com the wiki has somehow become redundant.

Last edited:

jmf145

In the "Games that have been modded" section should we store information and images of the texture packs on the wiki? It would make it easier to get information on the packs and prevent the loss of any useful information in the event that a pack's emutalk page goes down or gets deleted.

Last edited:

Gecko Lee

I could not upload my 29MB rar. If I uploaded it to another host, it could get deleted and the wiki would make no sense, because data would be lost in the same way it happens here.
Would be great if you could change that.

OP
mode7

mode7

@jmf145: images are most welcom, I just didn't had the time yet.

@Gecko Lee: You are right and violineb has offerd to host files. However I'm no admin, so you have to ask him yourself. He's a member on this board, but you better choose the email PM option.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Finally.
I already thought about it myself, but didn't wanted to make it alone.
I will probably port my texture pack collection sticky to the wiki... I really got sick about the support I got at ET, because e.g. the sticky wasn't cleaned from these post of some members and I made it clearly that there shall be NO posts and I also asked into my thread, whether a mod could delete it, but no mod made it!!! So I decided to finally stop working on it, probably I will continue on the wiki.

OP
mode7

mode7

Thx a lot MasterPhW

Well i've already ported half of the games from the sticky.
Should save you some work ;)

Gecko Lee

Uploads seem to work. The upload limit is 10MB, I think. At least enough for smaller packs. :)
Do you know if there's a possibility to create folders?

Hopefully the wiki will grow bigger. :party:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Thx a lot MasterPhW

Well i've already ported half of the games from the sticky.
Should save you some work ;)
Yeah, thanks a lot for that.
I already made my first entry, it needs some rethinking to come across the wiki style of writing but I think it went very well.
Will add mire in just a few minutes! ;)