What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Retexturing Starcraft 64 - Anyone?

_yo_wasup_

I searched on this forum, and it seems nobody has made any new textures for Starcraft 64. Is there a way to do it for this one, because it would be the most elite project I've ever seen. The textures are horrible right now. Let me give you a screenshot of my game play:

sc1qr5.png

There aren't that many textures in this one if you compare it to other games.

Does anyone else want this done?

This game wasn't awarded "game of the year" for like 7 years in a row for nothing...

cerebus5

SC64 was a very sloppy port if I remember. Even if you could improve the textures, the PC version would still be superior because of mouse/keyboard controls.

achen192

yeah, how could we make better tiles and sprites for the PC version? (Or we could just be patient for Star Craft II)

OP
Y

_yo_wasup_

true there are benefits of having the PC version, but my friend and I play it because we can compete without using two systems.

OP
Y

_yo_wasup_

I used to play this version every day, like it's a great game if none of you have got into it on the 64. it works pretty quick even without hotkeys.

krayziebone99

i tired to do something but i cant get a good dump on the textures...i cant even play the game it was at like 23 fps and missing a bunch of textures oh well...if u can give me a dump of the textures if thats allowed then i can do it

mudlord88

Banned
yeah, how could we make better tiles and sprites for the PC version? (Or we could just be patient for Star Craft II)

The game uses a custom archive format.

ALL game assets are stored in INSTALL.EXE (the largest file) on the main Starcraft CD. Everything is streamed (including music) from the CD's data archive. All functions for reading MPQ archives, as well as general I/O systems, for the game, are contained in Storm.dll. That DLL is encrypted and obfuscated to make reverse engineering difficult.

However, ALL data contents are also encrypted to make sure that hacking the game like you people are doing is made a lot harder. Not to mention, CRC checks are in the main executable to detect if it has been modified in any way......

mudlord88

Banned
Why do you ask?

Is it relevant? Or is it just a inquisition? If so, yes.

Note to PJ64 MODS: I realise I have made a grave mistake on my part. This will never happen again from me, since I refuse to participate in any console emulation, to stop events like this happening as well as othes. And plus, zilmar made proactive measures to makes sure it also doesn't take place. So, you people can consider me no longer a threat to your work since it no longer interests me. I have better fish to fry than some elaborate modification check on some UPXed executable.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
wow, almost every moderator, or for mudlord, a new member, are just plugin makers or people trying to get by with extra cool pics and textures, translations and rereleases. It just surprises me!

gitech

N64 Artist
Why do you ask?

Is it relevant? Or is it just a inquisition? If so, yes.

Note to PJ64 MODS: I realise I have made a grave mistake on my part. This will never happen again from me, since I refuse to participate in any console emulation, to stop events like this happening as well as othes. And plus, zilmar made proactive measures to makes sure it also doesn't take place. So, you people can consider me no longer a threat to your work since it no longer interests me. I have better fish to fry than some elaborate modification check on some UPXed executable.

Cool, I just wanted to extend you a hello, nice to see you again!

I am glad to see you again. :cheers:

TTYL,
Jay