What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Orkin Cell Shade in Glide ??

Thommo

Hey guys.

I read alot on these forums over the years (only recently signed up proper) and I am certain that I read a couple of times that there is cell shading proper in the beta version of the Glide plugin.

Now the questions I have for the people that are in the know are is this definitely the case ? if so which Glide plugins have this feature ? and finally how do you go about getting this beta plugin is it a pay thing or do you have to be a in the loop full on beta tester/programmer ?

If anybody is decent enough to reply to this either publicly or via PM I will truly appreciate it, also I appreciate the rules for underground hush hush so if someone PMs me the answer I will take it as a guideline to keep my mouth closed on the forums about it. I am just curious to know.

Thanks.

OP
T

Thommo

Yeah I know that Orkin basically disappeared (I hope nothing happened to him) but I was asking about the Glide plugin betas and wether or not they definitely have implemented basically the same thing because I have read the odd comment or two which says they have. I was also asking if it was at all possible to aquire these betas or wether you have to be a betatester to use them ?

OP
T

Thommo

You get around don't you Mudlord lol, I've seen you at a bunch of different emulation sites :bouncy:

No, currently they have no such thing.

Its not hard to add it to glN64/Glide64, however....

Are you referring to the shader packs ? If so I have used them before and they weren't really my cup of tea to be honest but some were quite nice. :)

mudlord

Banned
No, I am not referring to the shader approach.

I am referring to the process of changing how light is emulated in the plugin itself, thus giving the same result that Orkin used. However, he used a shader in conjunction with the changes in light processing.

OP
T

Thommo

Sounds a little complicated lol, is it basic text editing or is it full on codebreaker time ?

It sounds good theoretically to be able to create and fine tune the effect yourself.

mudlord

Banned
Sounds a little complicated lol, is it basic text editing or is it full on codebreaker time ?

Its full on changing how things are emulated. Sure, the maths to it are sound, and it can be done.

OP
T

Thommo

I think it's a few sectors out of my domain lol. I'm not very technically minded and I'm awful at maths lol.