R

!REVENGE!

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Product Type: GeForce
Product Series: GeForce 8 series
Operating system: select your OS
Language: select your native language

then click search.

Same thing. As I said: when I pop in the CD to install the drivers it says that the NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with my current hardware.

In the BIOS, look for something like Onboard SiS video: Enabled. If you really can't get any video from your GeForce ensure you have it in the right kind of slot (it's hard to do this wrong) and it is firmly plugged in.

It is in the right slot, 'cuz it dont fit nowhere else. And I can't find the onboard system in the BIOS, but even if I do, what if I still don't get video from my new video card? How will I be able to SEE the BIOS to reset it? I assume there's a jumper somewhere on my mobo, but until I figure that out, I'm not gonna play with that.

Toasty

Sony battery
Let's ignore driver issues for the moment. Even without Nvidia's drivers, the card should at least run beforehand (albeit inefficiently). Just to be clear, you completely powered off the machine, hooked up your monitor to the new card and booted it up, correct?

OP
R

!REVENGE!

Yes. 'Tried with the SiS drivers uninstalled as well.

Btw, I'm not getting video at all from either cards now. It was working fine, I turned off the MONITOR (not the computer) and left to grab a snack. Came back 20 mins later, turned on the monitor and the picture was frozen with some visual distortions. Now when I boot up, no signal at all. (I'm posting from a buddy's place.)

EDIT: This happened yesterday as well, but after turning on the comp after leaving it off overnight, it worked again. So I'm gonna leave it off for 8 hours again.

EDIT2: I pulled the jumper to reset the BIOS, so I got my picture back. So I consider myself lucky for now. (You never realize the value of anything until you lose it.)

EDIT3: I figured the problem. One of the card's caps have popped (I didn't notice it in the beginning, it probably happened overnight cuz it was manufactured with fake coating or somethin. (Chink crooks!) So I got it replaced and it works fine now.

Thanks Agozer, Toasty, p_025 and everyone who helped me out (or tried.) And apologies for buggin' everyone with this bullshit (I should've noticed the busted cap a week ago instead of expecting everyone here to guess my problem.)

Last edited: