What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Cyberman

It appears to be compiled for XP and Vista. :D
Sadly I run win2K it appears to be looking for 'IsWow64Process' which
IsWow64Process Function Determines whether the specified process is running under WOW64.
and further
Running 32-bit Applications
WOW64 is the x86 emulator that allows 32-bit Windows-based applications to run seamlessly on 64-bit Windows.
The system isolates 32-bit applications from 64-bit applications, which includes preventing file and registry collisions. Console, GUI, and service applications are supported. The system provides interoperability across the 32/64 boundary for scenarios such as cut and paste and COM. However, 32-bit processes cannot load 64-bit DLLs, and 64-bit processes cannot load 32-bit DLLs.
A 32-bit application can detect whether it is running under WOW64 by calling the IsWow64Process function. The application can obtain additional information about the processor by using the GetNativeSystemInfo function.
Note that 64-bit Windows does not support running 16-bit Windows-based applications. The primary reason is that handles have 32 significant bits on 64-bit Windows. Therefore, handles cannot be truncated and passed to 16-bit applications without loss of data. Attempts to launch 16-bit applications fail with the following error: ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT.
Shouldn't the version of windows be checked before calling probe functions that may not be supported? I remember having to do some things to detect win95/98 (2002 application) or win2K and give "nice try" errors for the older OS's instead of calling something (The application required the use of Unicode) and getting lots of crazy errors. Just a silly thought likely.

Cyb

Someone!

Hullo!
I tried the SVN release. It runs great, the OpenGL plugin works better than the DirectX one, but please try to stabilize the dual core support or add a frame limiter! It's annoying going over 60 FPS and having your game go fast and then slow.

Also I can't play any games other than SSBM...?

The OpenGL plugin works better if you have an Nvidia card, otherwise the DirectX plugin works better. It's not as cut and dry as you make it sound as if one is just better than the other, it's depends what video card you have.

OP
Falcon4ever

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I tried the SVN release. It runs great, the OpenGL plugin works better than the DirectX one, but please try to stabilize the dual core support or add a frame limiter! It's annoying going over 60 FPS and having your game go fast and then slow.

Also I can't play any games other than SSBM...?
use pcsx2 to slow it down :evil:

Xtreme2damax

Revision 137 up, fixed the issue with the OpenGL plugin thanks to daco over at Ngemu, Link is in my signature.

I'm not going to bother with Revision 138 as it really doesn't contain any important fixes and only fixes a minor issue with the OGL plugin which I already solve before I compiled.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I get to test it later today...Hopefully. I had a motherboard meltdown, so i ordered a new one, which i will pick up today. If everything go as planned, i will be able to test the latest revision today. 4th motherboard this year. I AM PISSED.

That's unheard of, emufan. Stop screwing with your PC, those mobos just don't die on their own. These guys overclock the hell out of their PC and say "why did it die"

Crazy :)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Turns out it wasn´t my mobo. It was the processor, which makes no sense, because the temperature was ALWAYS fine. Replaced it with my brother´s temporarily. And HEY, in the latest revision (R137) you can enter the village in TP. I don´t know when this was fixed, but that is good news.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

Anyways I decided to compile and upload it, same place as before. Depending on certain circumstances and how busy I get I'll probably not compile and upload again until any significant changes are made such as improved compatibility, bug fixes, speed improvements, improved graphics etc...

So Revision 141 is now up.;)

cryozo

I have downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, but how do you now compile it? I opened the Sln-file with the program, then what? Should I Debud/Build it? and in the middle of the building, it says: Executable for Debug Session? And then wants me to chose a exe...

Xtreme2damax

I have downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, but how do you now compile it? I opened the Sln-file with the program, then what? Should I Debud/Build it? and in the middle of the building, it says: Executable for Debug Session? And then wants me to chose a exe...

You can't compile it with the Express versions of Visual Studio due to missing headers/libraries among other things.

You need either Visual Studio 2005/2008 Professional along with the DirectX SDK and Windows SDK to my knowledge.

There is a way I heard of to compile it with the Express versions of Visual Studio, but it's very complicated and not guaranteed to work. Also you can't compile 64-bit applications with the Express versions so no Dolphin x64 build.

Anyways, I have compiled Revision 145 and posted it up on the link in my signature. If you are up to it feel free to leave some feedback on the builds or inform me if something is wrong (Compile related problems).

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
It´s illegal. End of story. It should be added to the forum rules btw, but it´s pretty much explained there already.