Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 135
  1. #41
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    HighResEaser v1.3 is uploaded. This should answer all your requests so far. Please find the file and documentation in the first post.

    Last edited by microdev; May 31st, 2008 at 14:15.

  2. #42
    N64 Artist
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, your really on top of this! Awesome.

    I had the same problem as Mollymutt and was going to post it but he beat me to it. Cool!

    Though I have something to add. I tried HRE when I was ready to start the Tunnel level in LOD. It has 41 textures. As the #'s got into the 2 digits, say 30-39 all I could see was a red 3 in each of the textures as the numbers print off center (pushing letters to the right). If you can control the alignment through the script can you cause the script to set it to "Center text". Also, if it is possible changing the color of the letters every 10 textures would create additional separation for easy identification when there are more than 10 textures in a set.

    One more thing but it may be completely impractical. When it gets to small textures such as 32x32 or say 16x64 the #'s don't show up at all. It seems the #'s are too large(and/or off center) to appear within the texture. Can a break in the code be made so that a user can manually center, resize and/or change color and then press a hot key to continue the script when ready?

    BTW, the Tunnel level is now complete. Have you seen the pics?
    Last edited by gitech; May 31st, 2008 at 15:56.
    Any activity becomes an art when the doer cares about doing it the best he can.

  3. #43
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    913
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's great. Although I was looking at the wrong screen for the textures I had actually used the script on. The strips are so small, it's hard to tell what they are. I used it on the background, and it worked great. The only thing I would change, and I don't know if this is even possible, is can you have the program remember which textures go in which order so we don't have to type them in at step two?

  4. #44
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post
    Wow, your really on top of this! Awesome.

    I had the same problem as Mollymutt and was going to post it but he beat me to it. Cool!
    Thanks a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post
    Though I have something to add. I tried HRE when I was ready to start the Tunnel level in LOD. It has 41 textures. As the #'s got into the 2 digits, say 30-39 all I could see was a red 3 in each of the textures as the numbers print off center (pushing letters to the right). If you can control the alignment through the script can you cause the script to set it to "Center text".
    Could you please send me the textures via PM? As well with their id list if they are ordered. I will have a look at that. Normally, if the automatic option is enabled, the size of the id's should be adjusted automatically.

    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post
    Also, if it is possible changing the color of the letters every 10 textures would create additional separation for easy identification when there are more than 10 textures in a set.
    Does it really help if the color changes every 10 id's? Because the textures are not alligned sequentially.

    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post
    One more thing but it may be completely impractical. When it gets to small textures such as 32x32 or say 16x64 the #'s don't show up at all. It seems the #'s are too large(and/or off center) to appear within the texture. Can a break in the code be made so that a user can manually center, resize and/or change color and then press a hot key to continue the script when ready?
    Did you try to mark em with "automatic" option enabled and resize factor set to at least 4?

    I will have a look at it when I received the examples from you. But it may take some time this time as I am unfortunately quite occupied atm. I have to learn for exams...

    Quote Originally Posted by gitech View Post
    BTW, the Tunnel level is now complete. Have you seen the pics?
    Yes, it is absolut amazing what you did with this game! Unbelivable what huge amount of work and dedication you put into it. Unfortunately the game itself is very slow and choppy on my laptop. But nevertheless you did an unbelievable great job!

  5. #45
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymutt View Post
    That's great. Although I was looking at the wrong screen for the textures I had actually used the script on. The strips are so small, it's hard to tell what they are.
    Ok, I see. Besides that, if a texture is very small, it helps to set the resize factor (when you mark your textures) higher to let's say 8x or 16x. Once they are marked, you can even work with the original ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymutt View Post
    I used it on the background, and it worked great. The only thing I would change, and I don't know if this is even possible, is can you have the program remember which textures go in which order so we don't have to type them in at step two?
    No, unfortunately this is not possible as the script does not has any control over the emulator itself. Thus the script doesn't know how the graphics plugin orders the tiles. That's why you have to tell it to the script...

  6. #46
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    913
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I ran across another problem. I was using this just for step 1 to number and resize some textures for a level, and some of the textures had no graphics on them. The script must only resize the graphic and not the entire texture. These textures won't load, because they aren't exactly 4x the original texture.

  7. #47
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymutt View Post
    I ran across another problem. I was using this just for step 1 to number and resize some textures for a level, and some of the textures had no graphics on them. The script must only resize the graphic and not the entire texture. These textures won't load, because they aren't exactly 4x the original texture.
    Textures without graphics? Is it a texture then? Hard to understand for me. Could you please send me some examples?

  8. #48
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    913
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here you go. The png size is 64x64, but the leaf isn't that big, so the script only resizes the leaf, and not the whole png file.


    For some reason, it won't let me upload a png file. This is my texture converted to a jpg. Switch it back to png, and it should work.

  9. #49
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymutt View Post
    Here you go. The png size is 64x64, but the leaf isn't that big, so the script only resizes the leaf, and not the whole png file.


    For some reason, it won't let me upload a png file. This is my texture converted to a jpg. Switch it back to png, and it should work.
    Could you upload the PNG file to http://www.rapidshare.com/ and send me the link by PM, please? I think if I transform the JPEG back to a PNG, the transparent part will be missing and thus the size will be incorrect (your jpg has indeed 64x64 pix. what might be correct).

    But I might be wrong as I'm no expert when it comes to graphics...

    I will fix this issue when I got the file from you.

    Thx,

    microdev

  10. #50
    EmuTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    913
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •