What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

HighResEaser - retexture backgrounds in a wink

OP
M

microdev

i need some help i have the adobe photoshop7.0 and i have HighResEaser_v1.4
butt its say i dont have the right kind of doc

Please post:
  • which option you chose (1,2 or 3)
  • at which point it occured
  • the exact error message

and please don't do double posts!! Use the edit button instead.

OP
M

microdev

1 qeustion i get the HighResEaser v1.4 workig only i cant get the marked file work
To be able to help you there, you have to explain your problem a little more in detail & provide the information I requested in my last post.

geohound

hi
i start HighResEaser_v1.4 then i press 1 load mark and export riginal textures i set it front size automatic exture resiz 4x
front color red id position left then i pres run then i choose the directory of textures t be modified: i set it on my dump texture map then i set specify the path for the marked textures i put them in a map i make then i press run i get a schrip alert
saved 0 marked texture to the map i make

OP
M

microdev

it works got now marked textures butt how can i writh a the texture nummbers when the game is playing

1. Pause the game at a scene displaying the marked textures.
  2. Note the textures to notepad or any other text editor starting with the upper left
    texture and ending with the lower right. The ids have to be separated by commas.
  3. Select option 2 in the script and copy the texture id list in the appropriate field.
You will find detailed instructions in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

heroshade

I'm having a bit of trouble retexturing the intro menu for majora's mask..
The HighResEaser works perfectly, but when I load it into the game, it doesn't load properly. Here it is. Any idea? Help would be much appreciated.

death--droid

That looks awesome Heroshade.
Just wondering what plug in are you using?
And also uploading the images may help(The actual textures)

heroshade

Thanks! I was using Mudlord's Rice 6.1.4 in the screenshot. Then I tried the latest Aristole plugin, and got the same result. For some reason I can't upload anything..

OP
M

microdev

Thanks! I was using Mudlord's Rice 6.1.4 in the screenshot. Then I tried the latest Aristole plugin, and got the same result. For some reason I can't upload anything..

Please upload:
  1. one of the textures that don't display in the game
  2. a savestate of a scene, the texture should be displayed at
  3. the dumped (unaltered) texture corresponding to your hires one
I can't access my dev. environment atm but I will see, what I can do for you.

mode7

Ok I downloaded this and took a look. Basically there were two problems.

1. Textures are misaligned
2. Textures not showing up at all

This is how I fixed it and what I think is the cause:

1. Easy, Just aligned the textures by hand in Photoshop. just drag it to the boarder.
I think this has something to do with how Hires-Easer selects the slices. Photoshop screws up the selection when there are rows or collumns of pixels which are completely transparent. I got a similar problem wehen I wanted to do the hires Zelda logo.
I don't know if it's easy to fix this...

2. This was harder to figure out. I redumped the menu and found out that these 5 tiles have a resolution of 48x32 and not 64x32 like the others. But the ones by hires easer have a resolution of 132x128 and not the correct size 192x128 nor the size of the others which would be 256x128, this is still a mystery to me.
I enlarged the canvas to 192x128 and voila, it worked, still there's something missing from the original tile as it is too big.

Anyway there's the fixed Version:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C0BY28W3

OP
M

microdev

Ok I downloaded this and took a look. Basically there were two problems.

1. Textures are misaligned
2. Textures not showing up at all

This is how I fixed it and what I think is the cause:

1. Easy, Just aligned the textures by hand in Photoshop. just drag it to the boarder.
I think this has something to do with how Hires-Easer selects the slices. Photoshop screws up the selection when there are rows or collumns of pixels which are completely transparent. I got a similar problem wehen I wanted to do the hires Zelda logo.
I don't know if it's easy to fix this...

2. This was harder to figure out. I redumped the menu and found out that these 5 tiles have a resolution of 48x32 and not 64x32 like the others. But the ones by hires easer have a resolution of 132x128 and not the correct size 192x128 nor the size of the others which would be 256x128, this is still a mystery to me.
I enlarged the canvas to 192x128 and voila, it worked, still there's something missing from the original tile as it is too big.

Anyway there's the fixed Version:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C0BY28W3

Yeah, thanks from me as well for this very detailed analysis - this avoids a lot of work for me :)

I will have a look into the script asap. As I stated, I don't have Photoshop etc. here, therefore I can't test anything and have to do some "blind" coding. Therefore I would be glad if someone could test it afterwards before releasing...

@mode7: could you please further elaborate how PS is misaligning the transparent textures or post a screenshoot, which would be even better?

mode7

Yeah, I'll take a look into under which circumstances the misalignment happens.
I'll post if i find something

OP
M

microdev

Yeah, I'll take a look into under which circumstances the misalignment happens.
I'll post if i find something

ok. But a screenshot of the misaligned textures in Photoshop would already help me a lot. (after they have been aligned with hireseaser)

I just have to see what hireseaser is doing wrong there...

I think then I could figure out the reason.

mode7

Ok I first thought the problem is the transparency of the original tiles. So I removed the tiles and replaced them by solid ones (the _rgb textures).
So the selection set in the original has to be perfectly alright.
What I got, you can see on the screen. Note that all tiles have the right size (640x24) the only problem is that they are misaligned in a, as far as I can tell, random manner. Note that the first and last textures are shiftet a bit higher or lower so the gap appears.

Obviously the transparency in the hires layer is what causes these kind of problems. Still, I can't figure out what causes this misalignment....

OP
M

microdev

Ok I first thought the problem is the transparency of the original tiles. So I removed the tiles and replaced them by solid ones (the _rgb textures).
So the selection set in the original has to be perfectly alright.
What I got, you can see on the screen. Note that all tiles have the right size (640x24) the only problem is that they are misaligned in a, as far as I can tell, random manner. Note that the first and last textures are shiftet a bit higher or lower so the gap appears.

Obviously the transparency in the hires layer is what causes these kind of problems. Still, I can't figure out what causes this misalignment....

Could you please post the id list, the dumped textures and the file generated by hireseaser? I think someone in the graphic department of the company I'm currently doing my thesis should have PS installed. I will test it there tomorrow.

mode7

Hi microdev,

sorry this is an old file and I only got the reconstructed psd with hires layer anymore.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3G35BA50

BTW: I fixed the problem. As hires easer (or photoshop) seem to have a problem with transparent selection I tried another method.

I made a solid version of the hires layer by adding a simple color under it and merging. And sliced it up.

I used a rename programme to change the last three letters at the end of the filename 'ALL' to 'rgb'

I went back to the original psd. Selected the transparency of my hires layer and filled it with white. Added a black layer under it and merged again, so I got an alpha channel. (A script could probably simply use the alpha channel)

I split it up again to a different folder and again used the rename programm to change the 'ALL' to 'a'

Now I put both sets in one folder and flattend the layers with a batch action (thats because of a plugin limitation)

And voila it worked....

I guess it would be possible to integrate this into hires easer as a special option for transparency issues e.g.
Of course it's not a real fix - just a workaround...