What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

cerebus5

Ah great to see you here man! I don't know if you've checked it out recently but the zelda: OoT community pack is going full steam. It had just occurred to me that we hadn't seen your face for a while. I hate this forum you can't go back very far on thread searches or maybe i'm just stupid.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Ah great to see you here man! I don't know if you've checked it out recently but the zelda: OoT community pack is going full steam. It had just occurred to me that we hadn't seen your face for a while. I hate this forum you can't go back very far on thread searches or maybe i'm just stupid.

:D Yeah, It's great to be back! :party:

I was actually able to retrieve all of my old files (texture work esp.!!!!) off of my old HD by installing a new one and mounting the old one as a slave, then turning it on it's side to make the "bad noise" go away and allow it to read again! :bouncy:

I saw the OOTCRP is going full steam! Very cool!!!

I think you can go to the bottom of the forum list and change the options for what threads to show and such.

So, who would like me to make some progress on my pack? I see another pack is being made for C64.

Later,
Jay

death--droid

I would love to see some more work on this gitech.
Oh yeah mircodev you wouldn't happen to still have the source code to the crc bugfix on hand, if you don't do you mind sending me a pm explaining how you fixed it.

gitech can you get 7zip and use these settings
29217631.png

And tell me how big the pack is in that archive format since I've managed to get the Zelda Community pack right down to 225mb compressed from 335mb uncompressed, for rar format on best compression it is 332mb :p

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
:D Ok, y'all got it! I have many other project going on ATM as well, but I will dedicate some of my time for work on CLOD! ;) :)

I want to see progress on it as well!

I'll look into 7z, and I looked at the 1964 SVN too. So, is 1964 the new Emu to watch and support? (Since PJ64 1.7 is basically dead and decomposing?!) :D

How's work on the ARV plugin or whatever it's called nowadays? Is it going to be the default plugin for 1964?

GTG

Jay

death--droid

@gitech I haven't done much work on ARV plugin but i have replaced the old one in the 1964 source code with it.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi microdev,

:D Awesome! Looking now!

Just used an emu on my new PC HD and OS today for the first time! I've got a lot of catching up to do still!!! :D

So, how are you? LTNS my friend!

Later,
Jay

CryHavoc

Hi gitech, your work is fantastic, kudos to you. I have a technical question regarding your AS-IS latest pack, I have noticed when I enter the first double gated area, with the Sun & Moon door on either side, there are strange numbers(maybe artifacts?)over some of the textures, there is a green number 6 directly on the Sun door for instance. I'm using PJ64 with the Glide64 plug-in.

CryHavoc

Although for comparison, this glitch(if in fact it is a glitch)is not present in the Final Pack from the first page.

xZabuzax

I just recently found out about all this re-texturing stuff in 1964 and Project64 and i'm amazed at the quality and effort "gitech" put in all this, this is fucking amazing.

This game looks almost like a wii game now, man this is golden!, i just hope "gitech" don't lose interest in this amazing project, kudos to you my man you did an amazing job!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks guys! :)

It's funny, I hadn't looked here in months and the day I do my CLOD thread has 2 new posts! :cheers:

How's everyone?

I know what's wrong with the "as is" pack as it was an "as is" pack... :D

I worked on it some since that pack and I can upload what I have now if you'd like. The "new castle wall" is all done and I started new work on the Villa too, but not much, just like 10 or 20 textures, not really sure.

I will take a look at it and see if I can put a little time into a few more textures before I upload it if that would be better? :)

Pam and I will be moving into our first home the weekend of the 28th so I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to put into it in the next several weeks, but I'm sure I can do a few textures a day before bed.

I have not given myself any time to work on CLOD in a long time because I had to devote my time to something that would help me financially, ya know.

You guys should check it out!!! I gave it the same attention to detail I gave this project, and the real world reviews are reflecting it.

It's like Deja'vu! ;) :D

Check it out and if your not into micro heli's, NOW is a really good time to start!

It's real fun and the technology is just awesome...well it just got awesome in the last couple of months! :)

My invention is called the "TechHead" :D http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1205952

Later,
Jay

xZabuzax

I worked on it some since that pack and I can upload what I have now if you'd like. The "new castle wall" is all done and I started new work on the Villa too, but not much, just like 10 or 20 textures, not really sure.

I will take a look at it and see if I can put a little time into a few more textures before I upload it if that would be better? :)

Yes please!!!, i'm telling ya, you took Castlevania to a whole new level, i think your work has made this the best Castlevania game ever! Even a freaking ps3 will have a hard time on this one.

Real life is the priority tho, so just take your time and keep the awesome-ness comming!

BTW i just watched the video of that mini helicopter "TechHead" and damn, it looks very impressive. More kudos for you!

xZabuzax

Awesome!, good to know that this amazing work is still alive and kicking!, we are all looking forward for another update of your excellent work!