Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
    N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I am working on a hires pack for Castlevania LOD. I started working on it on 1/8/08. I have never really used Photoshop or anything like it before seriously so this is my first attempt at my own hi-res pack. Let me know what you think.

If you've never made a pack before, I hope this can be an inspiration to you. Never under estimate yourself if you give yourself enough time to learn. I started off knowing NOTHING!

I had only downloaded a few partial SM64 packs (not risio's though his looks great, just haven't yet) and combined them and re-did the little signs in the game in MS Paint (to say I love you to my fiancé who likes SM64) and fixed the butterflies and therefore made a (sort of) complete SM64 pack for myself. Then I decided to hit "dump textures to files" for Castlevania LOD and it's all history from there.

Here are some pics: ....ummm...I get a message "upload errors" "Unable to move/copy file"

Anyone have any tips. These Pics upload fine to other sites. Type: .png Size each: about 500k average.

**************************************** **************************************** **********************
    Downloads:

v1.1: At 98.3% complete it includes 2800+ textures and is a 415MB download:

Download v1.1 here: https://emulationking.com/gitechs-le...ess-retexture/ (Please use WinRAR or 7Zip to extract)

Edits & Notes:

Play the game on normal difficulty setting! Not easy. Trust me. It's a very lonely game on easy without the enemies!

****Corrections for the read me if you do not have the latest pack:

Edit: (Un-check everything except "Fast Texture") should be under outline item "C. Current Game Options Tab:"

(Do not check "Alternative texture size calculation"). Follow the read me.

You also need to select "speed limit" under the emulation tab in 1964.

Also, in the read me it sais you can use "Frame skip" in the video plugin's "General game options" Tab. Ignore that. You should use 1964's "Automatic Frame skip" under the the "Emulation" Tab in 1964 if you need to. It is much better than the plugin's frame skip.

Credits also have to be added to the read me and will be in the next release.

Happy Downloading!!!

To everyone who has downloaded the pack,

Thank you for all your support and have fun!

Please post your experiences with the pack so far or questions if you are having any problems!!!

Potential employers can contact me for my resume through my website at GITaHobby.com

Updates:

Updates will be regular now and v1.2 at a greater % of completion will be up very soon. Here are some pics of v1.2 in progress:

Pic #:
    1. Konami screen
    2. KCEK screen
    3. Memory Expansion Pak screen
    4. "Game Start" screen
    5. "DATA" screen
    6&7. NEW Lake Dragon
    8. NEW Skeledragon skulls
    9. Young "Henry's View" screen

(I have also redone the Guardian Skeledragon Boss, Young Henry, Ada, Cornell's flesh/skin in his second costume and many others)

Spoiler:

Last edited by death--droid; September 12th, 2016 at 15:57.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, can a pic be posted directly here?

If not, I guess I would suggest saving them to a new folder on your PC and viewing them with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer or equivalent. My PC is set up to open .png in Photoshop and that's not great... so I would "save"...and right click "open with" to view these.
    Last edited by gitech; February 26th, 2008 at 17:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "You are not authorized..." blah blah blah - might try tinypic.com for images? Also, forum uploading is not working at the moment so no posting pics directly for now

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, Thank you for the info. For now I guess you could check out the thread over at HomebrewHeaven. It is going well and has many pics.

Thanks again!

PS: is it wrong to post a link to it?
    Last edited by gitech; February 26th, 2008 at 05:16.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pics! Hosted on Tinypic. Thanks man.

Spoiler:

Last edited by MasterPhW; March 4th, 2011 at 15:15.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looking good. Castlevania seems a good candidate for texture replacement since the original has very low detail textures.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you! Here's Harpy: The Bird, Lion, Hottie boss

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another pic:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks really good! I like how you put the comparisons side by side for those of us who's never played the game before.

N64 Artist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks! Here is another pic: Biker Skeletons

Before: Think puke green blur bike!

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast