What's new

N64 Glide Plugin Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor007

N64 RAM. This could probably be done fairly easily with a render to texture command, but I can't remember if Glide3 had that or not...

D3D does support it, but AFAIK Jabo's plugin doesn't use that, and it uses a videocard framebuffer grab.

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Reznor007: the reason jabo grabs it from the CFB is that you do not know before hand that is how the dlist is going ... If you just looked at the dlist you would have no idea what the textures where .. as this is the common method, but they are useally dmaed in to the memory from the rom, not created from a dlist. We had discussed ways of making use of the cfb in to the dlist .. some of the methods we disscussed did come in to jabos plugin. But it is not very nice methods they use for the PC hardware (at least going through drivers) where it is nice for the n64

Reznor007

zilmar said:
Reznor007: the reason jabo grabs it from the CFB is that you do not know before hand that is how the dlist is going ... If you just looked at the dlist you would have no idea what the textures where .. as this is the common method, but they are useally dmaed in to the memory from the rom, not created from a dlist. We had discussed ways of making use of the cfb in to the dlist .. some of the methods we disscussed did come in to jabos plugin. But it is not very nice methods they use for the PC hardware (at least going through drivers) where it is nice for the n64

Do you mean that a portion of code is DMA'd into the N64's RAM, then executed on the RDP outside of the normal display list?

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Quackat0r said:
Hehehe, I can't remember what the damn thing is supposed to look like anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all :D Like you said, it's not a game crippling problem or anything.

ok, i managed to get my CD64 fully working ( :) ) and now a few notes:
1. the banjo-kzooie start menu is just the background picture of the game (like zelda's strat menu)

2. Gukoss4 was right!!, the items in SSB (including the glowing shield) are simply turning to the wrong direction! in both jabo's and Glide64!

3. umm... Reznor007 what did you use to make that shot... i have a good (supposed to be good?) digital camera but the shots come out real bad.. ???

Reznor007

I have a video input card on my computer. I run my N64 into it using Svideo, then process it using a freeware program called DScaler.

www.dscaler.com

Use the Greedy High Motion deinterlacer with 3:2pulldown and sharpness filter.

My video setup was calibrated using the THX optimode from the Toy Story DVD, since DScaler can digitally autocalibrate the color/brightness/etc. using that.

Also, about Banjo and Zelda, the pause screens are probably done that way to save processing time. Simply render that scene once, save it as a texture, and render the menu system with that texture as a background, rather than re-rendering the entire scene with the menu over it every frame.

lightknight

ha Dave2001! hows your work doing on zelda642 MOM??

your last screen shots of it looks very awsome!!! :cool: :cool: keep up the awsome work!! i think you r a awsome gfx coder!!!
i wish i chould make a gfx plugin , as good as yours some day...right now i am studying C , and C++........and am downloading mirosoft visual studio 6!

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
yeps they look awesome...
but what happened to the bravado when you boasted the claim of making a GC emu by a formulated team?
at least you're takin the right step and going for C and C++...

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Dave, I got the impression that you wasn't really sure where those F3DEX. and SW 2.0x ucode names come from. I found out last night that they are in DMEM.
Code:
        If you know the following you can directly start HLE out of it.
        HLE: High Level Emulation - first hacked out by Epsilon and RealityMan. (Authors of UltraHLE.)
        The DMEM is filled from 0x04000fc0 - 0x04000fff with the following:
                0x04000fc0: task
                            0x00000001 ... Graphics Task
                            0x00000002 ... Audio Task
                0x04000fc4: flags?
                            0x00000002 ... DP wait
                0x04000fc8: bootcode
                0x04000fcc: bootcode length
                0x04000fd0: ucode
                0x04000fd4: ucode length
                0x04000fd8: ucode data
                0x04000fdc: ucode data length
                0x04000fe0: dram stack (for matrices)
                0x04000fe4: dram stack length
                0x04000fe8: ?
                0x04000fec: ?
                0x04000ff0: display list
                0x04000ff4: display list length
                0x04000ff8: ?
                0x04000ffc: ?
I call function PrintDMEMinfo() (in debug.c.txt) once per game in RDPProcessDList() and in the ucode data part are those ucode names and some other stuff. These are ripped off from the output:

mario64:
Code:
RSP SW Version: 2.0D, 04-01-96 SGI U64 GFX SW TEAM: S Anderson, S Carr, H Cheng, K Luster, R Moore, N Pooley, A Srinivasan

Zelda OOT:
Code:
RSP Gfx ucode F3DZEX.NoN  fifo 2.06H Yoshitaka Yasumoto 1998 Nintendo...
RSP Gfx[Safe] S2DEX       fifo 2.05  Yoshitaka Yasumoto 1998 Nintendo...

in debug.c.txt is a working function for printing ucode, ucode data, and dlist to file dmem.txt, use it if you want. Probably you already know all of this, but in case you don't and for others who want to know i decided to post this stuff.

And finally a question: Is the data from address found in [0x04000fd0] loaded to the RSP or how does the ucodes work? is it like a GFX "BIOS" which is loaded for every dlist? I really doubt it is loaded every time a new dlist comes so there must be some flag that gets set if ucode is to be changed? Or am i totally lost here?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
AFAIK, from all the things i have disassembled it loads the ucode each time a display list is started. This is because the memory is used by the graphic ucode AND the audio ucode...
So when an audio task is started, the gfx ucode is erased....

Cyberman

Hacktarux said:
AFAIK, from all the things i have disassembled it loads the ucode each time a display list is started. This is because the memory is used by the graphic ucode AND the audio ucode...
So when an audio task is started, the gfx ucode is erased....
How about this..
place in the 'hardware' that's emulated a hook that each time the uCode is changed a 'tag' is made for the DLIST that's being displayed. Perhaps switching the uCode once per DList is a good idea too. Unfortunately that would require a bit of work to read the DLIST do the HLE stuff and let it run not too mention the slow down.

(shrugs) :)

Cyb

l@g

Please... How is the fastest glide3x library for XP. I have some differents glide dlls from Ksmoky, The GlideXP Project, an d others but I can speed up the games...

l@g

A question of everybody here...

DAVE... no more posts?, no more releases?...

Sorry, but is very strange too many time w/o post about progress, problems or anything about Glide64.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :blush:

OP
S

Slougi

Re: A question of everybody here...

l@g said:
DAVE... no more posts?, no more releases?...

Sorry, but is very strange too many time w/o post about progress, problems or anything about Glide64.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :blush:
All I can say is don't worry. Dave is as alive and kicking as ever :)

Dave2001

I am currently in the middle of a very big task, rewriting the texture loading code to more closely emulate the n64's texture memory. This should 1) fix some of the texture errors i was having before and 2) load textures faster since now I am putting the loading loop in assembly and always reading 32-bit values instead of 4/8/16/32 bit ones.

so yes, I am still alive :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.