What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support)

Baccala

Howdy, i need some explanations on how the hell u set up dolphin properly.
What files do i need?
And what method do i do it in to get it available to work?

From scratch please....

I have the right specs..:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Clements

All Pentium D CPUs have EM64T. The only Intel dual-core CPU that does not have EM64T is the Core Duo (Yonah), and a handful CPUs based on Yonah. A quick CPU-Z readout can confirm EM64T functionality.

Last edited:

Stalk3r

Conquer Yourself
I'm getting 9-13 FPS at SSBM (at the fights)
My system specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1GB DDR2
nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256 MB
Windows XP 64-bit SP2
I didn't change anything in the emulator option except resolution and enabled dynarec(it worked a lot worse without it)..
Is the speed maxed?Or is there any way to make it better?
Thanks in advance=)

Baccala

Howdy, i need some explanations on how the hell u set up dolphin properly.
What files do i need?
And what method do i do it in to get it available to work?

From scratch please....

lcddown

Baccala... This thread is about the Dolphin64 release...

If you need help like that start a new topic...

This thread is already too cluttered...

BTW... Great job Dolphin Team... I haven't actually tried it out yet cuz the only 64-bit capable computer at our house is for the sole us of my dad and doesn't have WinXp 64 (although I do have a copy handy)...

Is there a 32-bit version coming out soon w/ dual-core support? :bouncy:

ShoRyuKen69

Good god, been waiting forever for this! And I mean FOREVER! Lol, I haven't seen this substantial of a release of an emulator since.... Nesticle and Genecyst guys! Y'all truly outdid yourselves to the max! If y'all had a donate button.... I'd donate to ya ^_^ Seriously, thanks a million and please, oh god please keep these releases coming :party:

Shalafi

Gamecube-Less SSBM-Lover
SSBM.jpg

//As you can see, I have a ugly graphic glith.
//Also, FPS are pretty low.

I was expecting more from my computer:
Core 2 Duo E6750 at 3,2 Ghz (I also tested without OC, some FPS were lost).
2 GB of DDR2 667.
Saphhire's x1950 Pro.
A fresh installation of XP 64 Pro SP2 with Ati's 7.9 x64 drivers.

//Ah, and yeah, only 1 core is being used :(

Ok, I "//" that because I solved it. Now I can get pretty goog FPS (40-60 at SSBM) but it goes too fast. I'll try with CPU-Killer and so. Ah, and the black textures keep apearing.

(But I notice an incredible improvement from 32 bits version, keep the good work!).

PD: Any help would be welcomed.

Last edited:

lcddown

When I go ahead and boot a game, everytime, I'm presented with this error message "Direct3D Device creation failed!"...

Anybody have any suggestions... :ermm:

lcddown

Nope, I had it set to HAL...

Dolphin 1.02 and 1.0.3.2 work perfectly (granted a lot slower than Dolphin 64 would be) under all settings...

But whatever I try Dolphin 64 won't cooperate with me...

System Specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 @ 1.73Ghz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
GPU: Mobile Intel 945GM (224MB Shared)

If anybody can offer any help it's gladly appreciated...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
That mobile Intel chip is the problem. It's worthless for emulation, like all other integrated chips from Intel.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Ouch... Intel GPUs are pretty much useless... Last time i can remember, the Intel DirectX implementation didn't work very well, and the OpenGL one was even worse (Its possible that i'm wrong, because I don't actually have one up and running at this time)

If theres a way in hell you can get a better graphics card, meaning mainstream (Most random brands probably won't do it :() like NVidia or ATI, take the chance as fast as possible. Almost gaurenteed you'll notice a huge difference, especially if you can afford to grab a top of the line (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS was pretty good IMHO)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Well, he has a laptop, so he's choices on graphics chips is pretty limited from the get go. One should never try to run emulators that emulate complex 3D graphics on a laptop.

A good desktop computer with a decent graphics card is needed. Stay away from integrated graphics in desktop computers, as well.

lcddown

I get 9fps in an actual battle in SSBM using the 32-bit version of Dolphin which work fine on my comp...

If all previous versions work fine, why won't Dolphin 64 work, and why is the error message of this nature?

I am totally aware that my GFX card sucks and is ruddy useless for anything gaming related but why isn't Dolphin 64 working when it should?

Bianc0neri

I get 9fps in an actual battle in SSBM using the 32-bit version of Dolphin which work fine on my comp...

If all previous versions work fine, why won't Dolphin 64 work, and why is the error message of this nature?

I am totally aware that my GFX card sucks and is ruddy useless for anything gaming related but why isn't Dolphin 64 working when it should?

Because the Dolphin X64 only works with WinXP/Vista 64 Bits operating systems. Read the Changes on the Dolphinsite ffs. :p

EDIT: Whopps, didn't read your previous reply, sorry. But your integrated Graphic-card is crappy. Doesn't care if you've 224 MB shared to your graphic card from your RAM.

What kind of problem appears?

Last edited:

Killler07

This new ver is really amazing :bouncy:

I've got 50fps on my laptop with ssbm.
Here's the first problem. Its too fast :D
Thats funny, normally all cry thats emus are too slow, now its too fast xD
Is there a possibility to limit fps?

There are also very ugly graphic glitches (look at page 9), is it possible to fix them? I guess it's in grapih settings.

And last but not least: Is there a working pad plugin for Vista? The included one has problems with DX10

Thanks for ya answers :D
I look forward to the next beta :D

lcddown

Direct3D Device Creation failure!

That message always appears when I boot a game on both beta versions of Dolphin 64 although 32-bit versions work fine...

You have any ideas what's going on?

lcddown

@Killer07:

To limit FPS try turning off dual-core or dynarec or a combination of both.

If that does not work download CPUkiller and set it to use your CPU at a level that will provide an acceptable FPS level for you.

Shalafi

Gamecube-Less SSBM-Lover
There are also very ugly graphic glitches (look at page 9), is it possible to fix them? I guess it's in grapih settings.

I guess you are talking about my screenshoot. Do you also have a ATI card?
Or is it a Nvidia? Which drivers are you using?