What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

angrylion

The 2nd version of my RSP hack that I published in post#358 appears to fix Stunt Racer 64, too. Stunt Racer 64 has the same ucode, or at least very resembling one. Good news! 3D is much better this time. I haven't tested much but the game appears to be close to playability. Geometry is perfect, while textures get distorted, but not too often.
Use just the same settings and plugins (see post#358), but this time use Project 64 1.5 as an emulator. In fact it runs both in 1.4 and 1.5, but I still advise 1.5. In contrast to WDC, Stunt Racer won't boot in Project64 1.6 (even with interpreter CPU).
Don't use my RSP with games other than these two. This plugin contains game-specific hacks, and other games will probably crash, sooner or later. Also I strongly advise you to backup your previous RSP.DLL.

Arghh...Emutalk still refuses to attach. Maybe Emutalk is against game-specific hacks?:)

Last edited:

angrylion

Double-posting is forbidden, but I have awesome news!
World Driver Championship is fully playable with my 2nd RSP from post#358 and Project64 1.5! Use the same settings as for Stunt Racer 64, and also do the following. While in rom browser right-click on this game, select "Edit game settings" and set "CPU Core Style" field to Interpreter.
My theory that the game has time to execute only a half of the ucode was wrong. It probably executes most of the ucode, then enters an infinite loop near the end, and my hack forces RSP to exit the loop, thus allowing the game to run. I think there is a bug in PJ64 1.6 that prevents Stunt Racer to boot and causes random crashes in WDC, so use Project64 1.5 for both games.
Just like Stunt Racer, WDC's geometry is perfect, and texture corruption is slight.
Enjoy and remember not to use my rsp.dll with any games besides these two.

EDIT: Version 3 gives an 80% speed boost. The link is in my 1st message (post#354).

Last edited:

DarkJezter

Anyone had any success running this plugin with the linux version of Mupen64? I've managed to get it to run, (by disabling threading in v17, or with no mods to v15) and both give me a black window, with cpu usage maxed and no audio or other indication that anything is happening.

This is on an AthlonXP 3200, with a geforce 5500 so I'm guessing I should at least see or hear something.

Anyone got any ideas?

Molokai

Well, I don't know if or when you'll get this, ziggy, but I downloaded the source for the plugin and tried to put it together. My question is, what program were you using to write the plugin? I've tried VS and Dev-C++. Dev comes up with an error in its own makefile, and VS just isn't allowing "stdint.h" (I hear that's because the stupid people at MS decided to remove support for the C99 standard from Visual C++...:angry:) Any suggestions?

Last edited:

smcd

Well, I don't know if or when you'll get this, ziggy, but I downloaded the source for the plugin and tried to put it together. My question is, what program were you using to write the plugin? I've tried VS and Dev-C++. Dev comes up with an error in its own makefile, and VS just isn't allowing "stdint.h" (I hear that's because the stupid people at MS decided to remove support for the C99 standard from Visual C++...:angry:) Any suggestions?

Don't know if this will help but here's a VC++ stdint.h http://msinttypes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stdint.h and a related inttypes.h http://msinttypes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/inttypes.h

Jelta

Is it known?
Star Wars battle for naboo and Indiana Jones works with 1964 0.8.5.
That's very unstable but GFX are correct.

z64-r17
Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP2
rsp-pj64-ziggy-r4 set Interpreter

Core setting default is fine.
change force_swap = 0 to 1

olivieryuyu

is there a bug somewhere ?

it is not only for those 2 games that 1964 0.85 fixed things.

All games with weird bugs of geometry are fixed.

Just try and compare MRC or Madden NLF 2000 with z64 onto PJ64 (or 1964 0.99) and with 1964 0.85.

How can this be possible ?

I have a theory: 1964 0.85 have a FPU hack. May be it solves some problems with floating point issue that are not totally fixed with other emulators.

Any idea about that is welcome as i do think it is a weird issue and it can fix some issues that remains unfixed for ages now.

Still not possible to attached files onto the forum ...

Gamer96

King of the Mushroom Kingdom
Wow! Thanks, Jelta! :) I am going to try this in just a few minutes. (and I like the screenies you took, angrylion. they are nice. they remind me of how great IJATIM was!

see ya guys.

Gamer96

Eh, sorry for double-posting, but I was afraid no one would hear me if I modified. ;)

So, I tried what Jelta said about Indiana Jones and I tried to press "Configure Graphics Plugin" in 1964 v0.85 but it does nothing, right, nothing... :( I tried to run a ROM but it just closes 1964.. :( Hmm..

any help, guys? thank you.

see ya guys.

Gamer96

okay, I hate to keep posting under me, but I keep having updates on my problem.

okay, I learned all that I have to do from angrylion and I found out alot on my own. so, what my problem is now is.....

download this video I made. and see for yourself. (it's only 200KB or so)http://www.sendspace.com/file/1a99v4

It just sits there and doesn't do anything, (and I've let it go longer, mind you. ;) )

so, any help would be very greatly appreciated. (and my problem is with Indiana Jones btw)

angrylion

The video reveals that you didn't set up the RSP plugin properly.

Have you actually tried the installation that I sent you? The video suggests that you haven't.
Just unpack my archive, leave everything intact and try to load the game from there.

EDIT: Do you still use Voodoo Banshee as your profile suggests? If you do, then you have absolutely no chance to see Indiana Jones emulated, because Banshee doesn't support any shaders.

Last edited:

Gamer96

uh, what RSP plugin? and what is a Profile Suggest?

PS all I changed in your archive, is the screen resolution,

please answer my question about the Profile Suggest. because I have no idea, and, what should I use instead of Voodoo Banshee?

PPS My video card is a 3Dfx Voodoo Banshee. ;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Voodoo Banshee is not good enough for Z64. No amount of tweaking will make it work. Ever. Plus, OpenGL support in 3Dfx cards is horrendous or completely lacking, and Z64 uses OpenGL.

Last edited:

Gamer96

so, I have to wait till I get a computer say, from, 2003? cuz I have one that's broken, but we think it can be fixed, just need to buy a few things. ;0

oh well... I guess I'll be waiting for a better computer. :(

see ya guys.\ :pj64:

DragonQ

I'm trying this plugin but have a question. I've put the glew32.dll file in the Project64 folder and the three files from the R17 ZIP file into my plugin folder. I renamed my original RSP.dll to RSP.dll.old and then renamed the z64-rsp.dll file to RSP.dll.

I can select the z64 graphics plugin in Project64 but when I go to Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin, no window appears. I also noticed that one file described in the first post is not included in the ZIP file (RSPcomp-pj64.dll - the much faster RSP emulator based on Project64). I assume the missing Configuration window is just because one hasn't been made yet and the .conf file can be used to change settings but how come one of the files is missing?

Last edited: