Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rice's HiRez Texturing plugin <Developement> (DO NOT POST HERE)

Note: This is a unofficial build. It is not fully endorsed by Rice (the original developer of Rice Video), and so this shouldn't be classed as, in any way, as an official release.

Disclaimer:
    The individuals responsible for these releases are not responsible for any damage at all occurred to you, your significant other, your pets OR your personal computer in the event that something might (and probably will) go wrong...Use these at entirely your own risk. These carry NO warranty, and are given as-is.

These terms are of high relevance to the development build, yet they also apply to all code/documentation released with this effort, too.

Remember: You don't have to use these if you don't want to, there is zero obligation...No one is stopping you not using these, it is entirely your choice...

--end standard disclaimers

Requested Features (feature requests removed when completely fufilled)

* Aspect ratio handling
    * Anaglyph graphics rendering

To Do

Documentation:
    - Add debugger section

Development Version:
    - Complete aspect ratio stuff (eventually)
    - Add aspect ratio handling for D3D renderer
    - Fix framebuffers in DX9 renderer (render target/backbuffer copies)
    - Finalise parsers for CFG file and HLSL effects

Source code: https://svn.bountysource.com/ricevideo/trunk
    Downloads: https://ricevideo.bountysource.com/downloads
    (Make sure to RTFM for changes and the FAQ)
    Last edited by mudlord; August 10th, 2007 at 10:14.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

New Thread etc

First this thread will be HEAVILY moderated. Do NOT post problems with the plugin here. That is the DISCUSION thread. New Feature requests belong in discussion GO THERE instead, (first part of thread) any addition will be specifically about features implemented so it's in one place. Discussion is for bugs. I will move anything about a bug to the discussion thread, unless it's by mudlord. In simple terms do not post here unless you are a moderator or developer.

Anything about USING the plugin goes in discussion. This is entirely about developement and suggestions. These questions will be moved to discussion. The old thread is now the discussion thread.

Have fun (I've stickied this thread too).

Cyb
    Last edited by Cyberman; May 30th, 2007 at 00:45.
    Progress (n.):
    The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that Cyberman.

I'm gonna take a look at the current situation with mingw, Code::Blocks and the source, to see how much Visual C++ dependant code there is. Hopefully, when Hacktarux, if he gets the chance, posts his source code to the Linux port, the process might be somewhat easier to accomplish.

Also, I had a much deeper look into Enzo Dragon's feature requests. I'm definately gonna see about the aspect ratio stuff, but it would be nice to know precisely what he wants to do (it seems to me like we have to play with viewports and scaling here....).

As for the custom shaders, I found a solution to one of the problems. Due to my ignorance, I forgot about the hardware T&L code, which has things that are needed for shader processing. That leaves working out what texture to process, and the technique code to do the shader passes...which shouldnt be that difficult.

For the hi-res stuff, that will be a ongoing thing, I guess, like with cooliscool's recent discoveries.
    Last edited by mudlord; February 2nd, 2007 at 00:02.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I added the debugger plugin (for the devs around here...)

Note: There is a problem when dumping and loading hi-res textures. Through my testing, it seems that BMGLib is at fault here....

So, be careful guys (and gals)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please note that development builds are not well tested. Therefore, they are consider like betas, if you will. Bugs might popup, so please be careful when you are using these builds which have bleeding-edge code.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In development.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK,

I am getting reports of people experiencing crashes whenever hi-res textures are loaded...This is quite serious.

I'll try to find where this problem cropped up.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudlord View Post
    In development.....
    Very nice is this using OpenGL or DirectX rendering?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It uses Direct3D9.

I intend though, to be able to use similar techniques in OpenGL those special effects...

By the way, just to let you know, I'm having difficulties still in porting the plugin to mingw/gcc, I was wondering how far your progress is in that...
    Last edited by mudlord; February 23rd, 2007 at 23:26.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far I started to track where the hi-res loading screws up...

I also started to consider the current requested features. Cyberman's suggestion of showing GFX card info will be in the next stable build. Its rather simple, I just used the same Win32 API C++ code as I did in my "gltest.exe" update for Hacktarux's wrapper, so adding it was a extremely simple task.

klasa's suggestions of increasing texture size are also taken on board, due to some info said by Rice relating to texture scaling in the past, which was very helpful in learning more about hi-res texturing practises (since I'm a noob when it comes to hi-res textures and hi-res texture creation). In addition, his idea on selecting precise control over what needs to be done seems pretty cool, so I'm thinking about that too...

What has also got me thinking is what people consider to be unique in a plugin. Some people might see hi-res texturing as unique, and also wireframe rendering. And also that the plugin is VERY configurable. One thing that has really impressed me though, was the use of custom rendering in Pete's OpenGL2 PSX plugin. Many people know of the work that guest(r), ShadX, and other shader coders have done, to make Pete's plugin one of a kind. In addition, many people in the past have seen work by the coder Orkin to be unique too, in regards to his cel-shading approach, via the use of code, and not textures...

Basically, what I am trying to say is, that this idea has also been taken into consideration too, since people seem to like nice graphics stuff...I beleive that disclosure of things isn't a bad thing (like what Jabo talked about in his presentation of his rendering of MK64's monitor), so here are some little more explicit examples of what is in development....
    Last edited by mudlord; February 23rd, 2007 at 23:52.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast