What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

16 bit to 24 bit

Converter

Texture Noob
Some games use 16 bit textures and you are limited to how many colors you can use. My question is, how can you get the 16 bit texture to a 24 bit texture and it work when you load the textures? I can make the file 24 bit but it doesn't load. I know perfect dark has a lot of 16 bit textures but Kman's pack uses 24 bit. Anybody who knows how this works, please let me know.

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Can you give me an example of one? I have no idea what you are referencing. I'm not sure if you are talking about the 8bit indexed textures, or the intensity alpha textures.

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
Umm...I'm not really sure what an alpha texture or a 8 bit index texture is. All I know is that some games use 16 bit color textures. Once you open them in paint you can only use certain colors and it sucks. Also once you open a lower quality texture in photoshop it doesn't allow you to filter the image or do any kind of effects to them. 24 bit images have a lot more colors and you can edit them in photoshop. Or even if they were 32 bit that would work too. I just want to be able to take the dumped textures that are default 16 bit, and make them at least 24 bit or 32 bit and work.

mode7

I think you are talking about 8-bit color indexed textures.
Open them in Photoshop, paste them in a new document of the same size, edit and paste them back again - the colors will be adjusted to the indexed palette. AFAIK you cant change the color depth in these textures.

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
Yes True X Unknown that's what I need to be able to do if it is possible. That would help me a lot.

OP
Converter

Converter

Texture Noob
True X Unknown is right. If you view some textures, they are a 4 bit or 8bit or 16 bit image. I know I can edit them use 4,8,or16 bit colors. I want to take a 4,8,or 16 bit image and use 24bit or 32 bit colors. So the image would go from 4,8 or 16 bit image to be a 24 or 32 bit image and still load in game. Is this possible or if you come across a texture that is low quality you just have to work with the colors you have?

mode7

There are 8, 24 and 32 bit, at least in the games I have edited.
I've never seen 16bit in a dumped texture.
The only ones with limited colors are the 8bit Color Indexed textures.
It is AFIAK not possible to change the depth of them since there are some effects done with them like palette cycling.
Although I heard that it might be possible in future with Jabus new plugin.